Author Topic: Will she ever sleep through the night?  (Read 988 times)

Offline RAYJULES

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • ZIMBABWEAN MOM
« on: May 03, 2006, 09:32:09 am »
My little girl is 14 and a half months old and is still not sleeping through the night. We had a few weeks when she was about 4 - 5 months old when she slept through, but then the first tooth arrived and it's been hell ever since!
To cut a LONG story short she now has 11 teeth and the 12th is looming. She has just cut two molars and a front tooth in the last 2 months or so. She wakes every hour through the night on the worst nights and we are going mental with the broken sleep. It seems AS I drop off to sleep she wakes crying. I'm shattered and desperate for some advise.
She has 2 naps during the day and is a very happy healthy baby who loves her food. She has supper at 6ish, bath then bed at 7. I put her down, say prayers give her a kiss and walk out and she gets herself to sleep. Then the night wakings ensue. I go in and give her back her dummy and she goes back to sleep staright away.
HELP!  Is it something I'm doing wrong or is it just the teething?
We've got to get some full nights of sleep soon!! :-\

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Will she ever sleep through the night?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 10:01:20 am »
You say you give her the dummy & she goes back to sleep... does she use the dummy for naps & all sleeps?

Can she find it herself, cos otherwise, I'd say it is the problem, she needs it everytime she goes through a light sleep phase...
It might be time to consider removing it or teaching her how to find it herself.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline RAYJULES

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • ZIMBABWEAN MOM
Re: Will she ever sleep through the night?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 10:17:56 am »
She does use it for all sleeps. How do you teach her to find it on her own?