Author Topic: 8 1/2 months - new problems!!!  (Read 999 times)

Offline adele201

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
8 1/2 months - new problems!!!
« on: May 02, 2006, 09:52:02 am »
Can someone please give me some advice?  My LO is 8 1/2 months old and has never been a very good sleeper.  For the past few nights she has been waking at 5.30am the only way I can get her back to sleep is to feed her, she then sleeps for 1.5 to 2.5 hours. 

Her (usual) daily routine is as follows:

6.30 - 7am Bottle 4 - 6oz
8am cereal
10am nap for approx 1hr
12pm veg, meat and fruit
2pm nap for approx 1hr
3pm bottle 4 - 6oz
5pm veg, meat and yoghurt
6.30 - 6.45pm bottle 4 - 6oz
6.45 - 7pm sleep

Megan suffered with a cold and teething a couple of weeks ago and I think this contributed to her waking.  For a few days she was waking hourly! But thankfully last night she sturred at 1am but I put her dummy in and she slept until 5.30am

Any suggestions would be gratefully received

Jo-FrasersMum

Re: 8 1/2 months - new problems!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 23:18:11 pm »
Hi Adele

Can you tell us how many times is Megan waking during the night?  What happens when she wakes?  Are you feeding her during the night?  How is she falling asleep at the beginning of the night?

Thanks!
Jo

Offline adele201

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 8 1/2 months - new problems!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 13:12:49 pm »
Hi Jo

Thank you for your reply.  Megan falls asleep alone at the beginning of the night, she will have her bottle then I put her in the cot awake with her dummy and her comfort bunny, she is usually asleep within 15 mins.

For the past few nights she has slept soundly from 7pm until 1am, when wakes I put her dummy in and give her the comfort but it is as though she can't go back to sleep. Last night it took 2 hours to settle her, with a combination of patting and sh sh, we tried rocking, gave her medicine for teething! She fell asleep eventually after a couple of hours then woke again at 5.30am thenwe did bring her into our bed and she slept for a further hour.

Adele