Author Topic: How much time btwn soldis and BF?  (Read 948 times)

Offline Elphyrafire

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • Jack aged 2 years/ Rya aged 1 month
How much time btwn soldis and BF?
« on: May 04, 2006, 16:35:16 pm »
HI there- Just starting on solids and was on 4 hour EASY. DS 5 months old with tons of nightwakings so perhaps he needs some solid- it's a last ditch effort.
Anyway, how much time should pass between BF-ing and solids? I see some people do 2 hours and some do it at the same time. I believe I read that Tracy suggested you don't do it at the same time.  I want to stay on the 4 hour easy but I don't want to lose my milk supply. On the other hand, I don't want to get lo used to eating every 2 hours again! Any suggestions?
Thanks
Mom to "Textbook" Jack born Dec 3, 2005
and (?) Rya- Feb 13, 2008

Vancouver, Canada

Offline Elphyrafire

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • Jack aged 2 years/ Rya aged 1 month
Re: How much time btwn soldis and BF?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 15:21:46 pm »
Hey, Thanks Stacy.
I think he's ready for soilds as he grabbed my hamburger a few nights ago and tried to eat it- LOL. No really, he has doubled his birth weight- so he is 19 lbs now at 5 mons and he seems to like the cereal I give him- eats it swallows it. But you're right, has done nothing to help those blasted night wakings! OMG I'm going out of my mind! I have to accept the fact my baby doesn't sleep well. Period. There is no answer.
BTW, prob not appropriate on this thread but I tried no paci last night. I gave in at the 9:00pm screamfest but the rest of the night I just tried to pat him back to sleep. He still woke up like 10 times but maybe it will be better tomorrow.

I'll try solids an hour after BF-ing. Thanks
Mom to "Textbook" Jack born Dec 3, 2005
and (?) Rya- Feb 13, 2008

Vancouver, Canada