Author Topic: Time to switch to 4 hour?  (Read 940 times)

Offline mljlmr

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 04, 2006, 17:43:40 pm »
I posted on the transition thread, but i thought i would get a better response here.

For the last week or so DD has been totally off schedule. Normally she eats 4oz every 3 hours, and now when i feed her at 3 hours she eats maybe 2oz, and then doesnt want anymore, which totally has put her schedule out of wack. Also shes waking during the night when she normally sleeps, and her naps are all crazy now. Im guessing she needs to switch to 4 hour?? shes 13 weeks. Shes also teething right now, so i know that could be some of it, but its not like her to not want to eat. thanks for any advice!

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Time to switch to 4 hour?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 17:48:20 pm »
mljlmr

Here are some signs of needing to transition:   https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=41061.15
1. Not taking as much at a feed (baby not as hungry at 3 hours)
2. Erratic Night Wakings
3. They are extending their awake times
4. Starts taking 45 minute naps

You really have to watch her cues for a couple of days and let that be your guide.

Also bear in mind that if your LO is teething, they may not tke as much milk from a bottle as the sucking action hurts their mouths. Try rubbing teething liquid on her gums prior to feeding - lack of eating in the core day hours will also result in night wakings, so you need ot be sure before you change to 4hr.

HTH's
Lauren x