Author Topic: Sleep and the type of Mattress  (Read 825 times)

Offline New_Mommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Sleep and the type of Mattress
« on: May 05, 2006, 05:25:31 am »
I am still having a problem with DS (2 yrs 7 months) not sleeping through the night, as well as, me having to sleep with him.  Today I was stareing at a foamy we have and thought since he enjoys sleeping in the spare bed so much, maybe his own mattress isn't comfortable enough for him.  I put the foamy on his bed to see if that will make a difference.  Has anyone had success from changing the mattress?

Nikki~Nathanamp;Danielle

Re: Sleep and the type of Mattress
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 06:09:02 am »
Haven't tried it myself, but I can understand wanting to give anything a go. I tried a new pillow with no results LOL. He sleeps well now though, so I suspect it was something he just needed to grow out of. He's almost 3 and has been sleeping through the night for the past few months.

Could you try letting him sleep in the spare room on that bed for a while to see if it works? Otherwise, what about giving him that bed if it works?

Offline imsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 36
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 13:54:05 pm »
I think in one of Tracy's books--or maybe it was another sleep book--but I read of a circumstance where the only place a boy slept well was on the couch so they moved it into his room and he slept there!  So by all means give it a try! 

Offline New_Mommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Sleep and the type of Mattress
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 23:04:07 pm »
LoL, yeah it didn't work last night.  I think he just likes sleeping with me.  Honestly I don't mind too much because 1. he keeps me warm, 2. he doesn't snore as loud as DH.  Although DH is getting annoyed, as long as we are all getting sleep who cares.  I mean once he gets a bit older and understands more, then I try again.