Author Topic: won't go back to sleep after feed  (Read 834 times)

Offline tracefo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
won't go back to sleep after feed
« on: May 06, 2006, 12:32:51 pm »
My daughter is waking because she is hungry. ( Wakes a different time each night, takes a full feed).  I've tried to give her more during the day so that she's not hungry but if anyone knows how this can be accomplished please let me know.  She BF morning and night and will take very little from a bottle in between (2 feeds).  It doesn't matter what is in the bottle and she's taken a bottle since she was about a week old.
Anyway, I don't mind feeding her once at night as I think this is just a very long growth spurt.  However, she will not go back to sleep after her feed.  She's learned many new tricks lately and I don't mind her practicing them on her own but won't go back to sleep with out about an hour of crying.  I've tried giving her motrin for teething pain before the feed so that it has taken affect sooner, we've changed the diaper, she's not too cold or hot.  It's like she doesn't know what she wants.  She goes to sleep alone in her crib with no problem as long as she is tired but can't seem to do this in the middle of the night.
Our day:
7 wake
7:30 BF
8:30 solids
10 nap (falls asleep at 10:30)
11:30 - 12 wake
12:30 bottle
1 solids
3 nap (refusing to sleep for this one quite often lately)
4:30 bottle
5:30 solids
7 bed.

HELP
Thanks,
Tracey

Offline tracefo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: won't go back to sleep after feed
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 12:49:20 pm »
SHE'S 9.5 M0NTHS  OLD