Author Topic: HELP - REALLY CONFUSED ON WHAT TYPE BABY I HAVE  (Read 1581 times)

Offline UK MUM IN USA

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
HELP - REALLY CONFUSED ON WHAT TYPE BABY I HAVE
« on: May 06, 2006, 17:08:15 pm »
My DD is 10 weeks old and I'm struggling to establish what type of baby she is. I have done the quiz but am none the wiser - please HELP not sure if she is spirited or over stimulated.

How can i tell the difference????

She seems to get very excitied when watching fans and lights- loves shadows.
Has no control over her arms and legs - they fly eveywhere and she often hits her self.
During tumy time she gets frustrated with her slef as she is desperate to move her self forward but cant- ends up crying.
Sometiems we struggle to get her to go to sleep- she seems so hyper and it can take me upto an hour to settle her.
If i put her in her crib too early she cries and wont settle- ptt/shh doesnt work and she cries through it. Other times will go down really good within 30 mins of showing tired signs.
When swaddled - sometimes hates it and tries to get out- when she wakes up her swaddle is often undone and her legs and arms are out
Babbles quiet a lot, coos and is really vocal- very smiley
wakes up crying most days with a wet or dirty nappy
cant stand being wet or having a dirty nappy
Yawns after 15-30mins of being awake
Is very sociable around others and is really good when you take her anywhere.

I'm doing 3 hr EASY- trying to anyway. We sometimes do EASAES - she has just started to go to 45 min naps- if i catch it right i cant get these extended- she slept for 2 hours this morning. Her awake time is usually around the hour mark.

Please help - this is my first child so am new to all this.

Kate

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: HELP - REALLY CONFUSED ON WHAT TYPE BABY I HAVE
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 19:20:29 pm »
Kate

I have done the quiz but am none the wiser - please HELP not sure if she is spirited or over stimulated.

Can you get DP/DH/anyone close to you and your LO -  to do the quiz independantly from yourself and see what they come up with? Tracey actually recommends this in her book.

Let me know.
Lauren x

Offline Intransit

• Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 19:53:45 pm »
I agree with Calums Mom....I had my dh do it, and we ended up with 2 different answers. Of course though, I was right! But really.......having another person do it who is familiar with the baby will help you.
Good luck!
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.

Offline HeatherC

• Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 21:20:32 pm »
Just my 2 cents-she sounds spirited and/or touchy. 
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 10:46:57 am »
Kate

I forgot to mention before there are support groups for mums of Spirited and for mums of touchy babies (this is a newer group) in the EASY forum for you to get more support.

Where in the UK are you from?
Lauren
Lauren x

Offline PaolaG

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 09:38:38 am »
she sounds a bit like my daughter Lea who is now 9 months.  Even with the different types babies they all have their own special personalities, and it does take time for their personalities to come out, so if you just keep on noticing what your lo is like, and try to get to know her over time, then I think it will gradually become clear.
Paola

Offline UK MUM IN USA

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 22:59:21 pm »
Hi thanks for the advice and i will definitly get my dh to do the BW quiz with me. We had a better day yesterday and i managed to get naps extended to 1hr50min - 2 1/2 hrs- however the last nap was only 45 mins and i was up twice in the night.

Today has been just awful. DD has slept for only 45 mins each time, i've tried putting her back to sleep but nothing has worked. She has however been happy to play in her cot for 10-15 mins- arms and legs all over the place as usual, then she cries.

Not sure if she's poorly - she is 11 weeks on Thursday and has just started to dribble - is she too young to be teething - all she has wanted to do is to nurse all day and when nursing has fallen asleep - so we have been totally off schedule. Its now 6.50pm and she has finally just gone down has been awake since 4.30ish - She seems really over tired but just wont sleep. I think i've fed her every 1 1/2 hours today - so not like her.

Have no idea what to do - feel as though i take one step forward and then 3 back- is this normal???

Lauren I come from Huddersfield in West Yorkshire - met my husband who is American (on the internet of all places) and emmigrated to Florida in May 05. Miss home terribly and my mums shoulder to cry on. LOL

Kate

Offline HeatherC

• Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 15:45:19 pm »
Kate-drooling also occurs when they produce more saliva but haven't learned to properly swallow it yet.  As for the frequent feedings, she could be having an early 3 month growth spurt.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007