Author Topic: So sleep deprived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 873 times)

Offline TJ & Stephy's Mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
So sleep deprived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: May 07, 2006, 17:00:55 pm »
Well for the past 3 nights, Trevor has been waking up around 3am not because he's hungry but for what reason I have no clue ???.  I am use to him having nw but usually he will go back to sleep after a diaper change and/or bottle.  But the last few nights, it has become very frustrating cuz we don't know what lo wants.  And worse of all, my dh and I are having disagreements as to what to do.  DH believes in CIO and I've tried shush-pat and PU/PD but lo will not go back to sleep and is wide wake (almost like he's had a big cup of coffee) until 4:30am.  If we ignore lo he gets upset and will scream for attention and if we try to make him go to sleep he won't do that either.  This is behaviour is driving us crazy    :'(  and is out of the ordinary for my lo.

Currently this is what our 3 hour EASY schedule looks like (we use to start at 8am):

7:30am    Eat
8:00am    Activity
9:00am    Sleep
10:30am  Eat
11:00am  Activity
12:00pm  Sleep
1:30pm    Eat
2:00pm    Activity
3:00pm    Sleep
4:30pm    Eat
5:00pm    Activity
7:30pm    Eat/Sleep
10-10:30pm  Dreamfeed
3am         Wakes up sometimes for bottle/diaper change

I've cut out his catnap and moved his bed time earlier and I'm slowly extending his A times and feeds by 15 mins to eventually get to a 4 hour EASY.
Somebody please tell me what can I do to make him go back to sleep at 3 in the morning when he won't go to sleep!!!!  I can't take these weird nw anymore and ready to throw out motherhood  :'(

Offline Elphyrafire

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • Jack aged 2 years/ Rya aged 1 month
Re: So sleep deprived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 17:26:07 pm »
Hey- Sorry, not much advice as we have the same prob w/ our 5 month old DS. I know the "coffee" look. The thought "Hey I'm just going to giive in and  BF him to sleep" and then when he's done his eyes are not closed and they are staring up at you as if to say, "What next , Mom?"
Don't worry, Motherhood is kicking my a$$ too!
(((HUGS)))

Mom to "Textbook" Jack born Dec 3, 2005
and (?) Rya- Feb 13, 2008

Vancouver, Canada