Author Topic: flexible 4 hour EASY  (Read 1101 times)

Offline tiki_mama

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
flexible 4 hour EASY
« on: May 07, 2006, 19:51:25 pm »
tomorrow i am starting my 4 1/2 month old dd on 4hr EASY. we have been on 3.5hr for almost 2 weeks now and i think we are ready to move to 4  :)

the trouble with the 4 hour routine for us (based on a waking time of 7am) is the fact that the 2nd feed isn't due until 11am and therefore the 2nd activity period doesn't start til about 11.30am which means a lot of the activities that my dd and i currently enjoy doing together may not be possible :-\

for starters the clinic we attend to have my lo weighed is between 10am and 11am, we also go to baby and parent cinema once or twice a week and they are always at 10.30am.

it may not seem like a particularly serious problem, but it's just that my other mum friends (who don't follow EASY) sometimes seem more flexible than i am (even though they have other problems that i wouldn't swap with them for anything!!) so i just wondered how other people on the board manage to balance the EASY routine with their other commitments.

i know i could get up earlier (say 6am) but that seems quite extreme considering at the moment i actually have to wake my dd at 7am most days anyway!!

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: flexible 4 hour EASY
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 13:47:52 pm »
IF you are having to wake her at 7, try letting her sleep until she wakes and start your EASY routine from there.  My dd sleeps until 8 am (always has) and our routine has hardly ever looked like those in the BW books.  You can be totally flexible with your day, give her the catnap in the morning before the outing you'd like to attend and let her have a longer nap in the pm, or put her down for her nap earlier so that you can wake her in time for the outing.  Those are just examples, but remember that babies are pretty flexible and will bounce back with hardly any trouble once you get back home.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline tiki_mama

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 09:41:28 am »
sounds like a good idea. i think at the moment i'm too 'obsessed' with the morning nap. i think it's because when my dd was a little younger i found that without a long morning nap she was very sleepy and grumpy  :-[

i think now that she's bigger she would be able to cope with more activity and less sleep in the am. i guess it doesn't really matter where they get their hours of sleep during the day as long as they are getting them  :)

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 00:53:23 am »
My motto is that it doesn't hurt to try at least once.  Let us know how things work out.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007