Author Topic: He won't take all his DF  (Read 1169 times)

Offline jimmiejobs

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Thomas William Kempster
He won't take all his DF
« on: May 08, 2006, 08:08:18 am »
I've just started the 3hr EASY routine on my 7wk old - 7,10,1,4,7,10.30pm DF - he takes 5oz / 150ml at each feed but by husband is having trouble with the last feed at night and can only manage 3 - 4oz, consequently he wakes up between 2.30 and 3.30am for a full 5oz feed.  Shall I cluster feed at 5.30 and 7?  Would it help with the DF?  If so, does that mean give him a full feed and 5 and 7 or just split the feed, say 3oz for each one.  He routinely drains his bottles at every feed except the DF, should I start to increase to 6oz now?  It seems such a lot for a 7wk old baby!  Thanks.
Rozanne
Mum to Thomas
London, United Kingdom

Nikki~Nathanamp;Danielle

Re: He won't take all his DF
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 08:12:38 am »
I can't help with amounts of formula at each feed or daily total, but one of Tracy's suggestions is to offer less at the feed prior to the DF with the hopes that the baby will take a bigger feed at DF and therefore go longer. I don't have my BWSAYP book with me at the moment, but I know there is a special boxed text that talks of doing this.

Sorry, can't be more help.

Offline estherofi20

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
Re: He won't take all his DF
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 15:53:23 pm »
When i had that prob with DS, what i did was cutt a bit the prior feed, let's say he used to take 5oz at 8pm, and only 1oz at the DF, so i started givin him only 1 or 2oz at 8pm, and then a the DF he would take a hole feed, and a few days passed and he cutted that wretched 1-2am feed!!!! so good luck there!!!!!