Author Topic: What would YOU do with this situation tonight?  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Gippie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 39
What would YOU do with this situation tonight?
« on: May 08, 2006, 12:15:50 pm »
HI there!   

Question "What would you do tonight?"

Here is the background info.
My LO is 5 months, 1 week and sleeps perfectly (lucky me).  In the past she has tried to adapt some weird wakings that W2S fixed right away.
I think she is teething - she has her bottom 2 and a month later, now, I am seeing ALL the signs that the top 2 are bothering her
Specifically....she has NOT been eating well during the day.  Eats GREAT at the DF and first feed of the day...the rest of the day is an ounce here and there.
Nothing else has changed much - the BIGGEST thing I have noted is the eating.  She is not grumpy or upset in the day either.
She does have a little congestion

SO - for the past 2 nights, she was DF at 11 and woke at 3:45 one night and 3:20 last night and took a HUGE feed.  It made sense due to the fact that she did not eat all day.  Last night when she woke at 3:20, I tried to give her the binky back and she slept for 40 and woke to eat.  She ate and then ATE AGAIN at 5.   She NEVER does this.....she is always DF and then eats in the AM.

So my question....Do I do W2S tonight OR do I wait till this cold/feeding issue goes back to "normal" before I intervene.   I am feeling like she is TRULY hungy as her 3 am time is a little over the 4 hours that I normally feed her in the daytime.   

Thanks for the help!!!

Stacey

Offline yaya

• Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
Re: What would YOU do with this situation tonight?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 12:39:19 pm »
Hi stacey!
i'm no expert but I reckon if shes not well, I'd wait till shes feeling better before attempting to 'resolvr issues'!
maybe give her a few days to adjust!
You could try 'watering down' her night bottles (is she bottle fed!?) this way she may be more hungry in the daytime?

Not sure if that helps!

Offline Gippie

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 14:34:56 pm »
She is breast fed - we supplement with formula once in a while.   After I posted - she threw up a LOT - very watery and then she seemed better.   She nursed for the first time in a few days -I have been pumping since she has taken a liking to biting when she isnt interested in eating and for the past few days - she hasn't been interested at all.    I DID notice that she is gringing the bottle nipple between her teeth - side to side - she does it with her binky as well....does that sound like teething?

Anyway - thanks...I am going to ride it out as well!

Stacey

Offline UNCMomma

• Showing Appreciation 65
  • Love my girls!!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 15:35:20 pm »
I think you're right to 'ride it out' and see if it fixes itself when she's done with her cold/teething!  My LO spits up watery stuff when she has a stuffy nose (and she's not usually a spitter)... I can't decide if it's the mucus drainage or the saline drops I squirt in her nose  ??? but maybe that's what happened with your LO.  I guess for some reason she's finding it more comfortable to eat at night right now, so I guess I would continue with those feedings until she starts doing it during the day again.  I would continue to push the daytime feedings though, since you don't want her to adapt to the night time eating for good!  :)  Good luck! 

Amanda

Offline Gippie

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 16:22:38 pm »
YES - she did just take a GREAT feed - so I hope we are on the path to normal.   I agree - i do not want nighttime feedings....so we are pushing the food!!

Thanks