Author Topic: Waking 1-1.5 hours after bedtime..  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Lola

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
  • Missy M's Mama
Waking 1-1.5 hours after bedtime..
« on: May 08, 2006, 12:58:13 pm »
Hi All, hoping for some advice. I have changed dd schedule around with your advice but we seem to have a new "glich". My angel/textbook babe wakes after being down at 6:45pm for the night. She goes to sleep instantly after her bottle but seems to be waking around 1-1.5 hours after being asleep. Almost like she thought it was a nap. She rarely cries but she coos and baa baa's and gets up on all fours and peeks out (we are sharing a "loft like" space for the moment). I usually ignore her as she is not crying. We also try pu/pd but this usually takes quite a few tries and she normally goes back to sleep on her own after about 1 hour. She has no burps and no poops, just wakes. She knows its night time. Then in the morning when she wakes at 6;45, she is really tired because she lost that hour at night. THis has been going on for a about a week or two. Teething? She is eating well. Sleeps very well and through the night. We cut out her cat nap (as advised by you bw's). she doesn't seem to be overtired when i put her down, rather just ready for bed! here's a sample of her schedule.
wake-        6:30-6:45                                      wake 2:30-3:00
Brekkie      7:00       bottle                              dinner 5:00-5:30 bottle
nap           9;30                                             bath then bed 6:30-6:45 (more bottle)                           
Lunch       12-12:30   
Nap                       bottle

DD falls asleep instantly then wakes up to play :) HELP PLEASE I have NO idea what to try next.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 16:09:26 pm by Lola »
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
Re: Waking 1-1.5 hours after bedtime..
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 18:39:27 pm »
how long does your LO nap for each nap? I'm not entirely sure from what you wrote.
Kimberly

Offline Lola

• Missy M's Mama
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 19:04:18 pm »
LOL..reading back not sure what happened to the missing words :)..
she naps in the morning from about 9:30 until 10:30 or 11:00 (this morning until 11:30 bc the night problem makes her very sleepy during the day)
and in the afternoon she naps usually an hour. As stated, I cut out the catnap about a month ago.
? what am i doing wrong..she is a very easy baby and most glitches can be worked out. When I understand what I am doing wrong! LOL

Offline Kimberly®

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 20:01:42 pm »
I think it may be time to go to one nap :)
Or maybe a possible 7:30 bedtime? Your LO may need that extra time in the evening.
Thats the only thing I can think of, otherwise you seem to be on the right track.
Kimberly

Offline Lola

• Missy M's Mama
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 20:05:32 pm »
But wouldn't that make it worse? I wonder if she is getting overtired when I put her down, so she crashes then wakes. This one has me completely confused. I am almost 100% sure that we aren't ready to go down for one nap. She really needs the pm one and only sleeps for 45-1 hour. She is usually rubbing her eyes by 6:00 but isn't that too early for her to go down? Am I missing her sleep window and she is getting overtired. Oh, I'm so frustrated :(

Offline Kimberly®

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 20:27:48 pm »
Thats a good point. What if you tried moving to one long nap 1.5-2 hours and one cat nap before bed?
Kimberly

Offline Lola

• Missy M's Mama
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 12:17:09 pm »
Help again..so yesterday we had a long nap in the am and a shorter nap in the afternoon. She napped from 2-3pm. she was rubbing and getting tired about 6pm so i put her down then and she went right to sleep. We had no wake up's!! YAYAYAYAY
But she was up at 6am instead of 6:30-6:45. I will try again to do the same today and see what happens! Thanks very  much for the advice. I'm at wits end with my playful peanut who thinks everything is funny :)

Offline Kimberly®

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 12:46:41 pm »
LOL I completly understand :) My DD was in a mood yesterday herself with naps. I think she was on nap strike.

I'm glade that she went so long. Now its a matter of balencing it out till you have the wake time you want. The best way to do that is to move bedtime back towards 7pm 15 minutes at a time :)
Kimberly

Offline Lola

• Missy M's Mama
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 12:50:47 pm »
Thanks Karita. I will try that after this weekend. i note you are from North Bay! Hello fellow Canuck! I'm in Orillia :)

Offline Lola

• Missy M's Mama
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 12:33:25 pm »
I've got another post under sleep issues. Last night was worse than ever. She played in her crib from 7:30 until 9;30 and now is a complete grump this morning and will mess up her naps bc she won't make it until nap time at 9:30. ARRRGGGHHH :( I was in tears last night. I have no idea what I am doing wrong as she goes to sleep without even a peep. She wakes from her pm nap at 2:30ish adn I've been putting her down at 6:30. It was 7pm but she seemed so tired well before that I was afraid that I was missing her sleep cue and she was getting overtired, so i bumped it back. Now it's worse..I'm so discouraged.. :'(

Offline Kimberly®

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 13:06:22 pm »
HUGS
Don't be disouraged. Things will change, they just take a bit of time. When you first change things like this it can be very challenging for your LO. If your LO needs to go down early then put her down early. Try 9 rather then 9:30. Even half an hour can make a difference. If she does better with 6:30 then don't fight it. She'll eventually move that back herself.

Things will work out.

Kimberly

Offline Lola

• Missy M's Mama
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 13:10:52 pm »
Ok, I'll stop moaning now and carry on :)
Thank you so much Karita...needed to hear that this morning
L