Author Topic: Need help for night wakings  (Read 1156 times)

Offline jing

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 08, 2006, 13:43:23 pm »
My dd is nearly 8 monthes old. She is our little angle. She always had been a great night sleeper before she turns to 6mths. However since 6mths old. She has been waking up once in the night for a feed. The time of waking always are different. (Recently it turns to  around 12am to 1am ) At the beginning, I thought it was a growth spurt. So I gave her a feed. (She is a bf baby, started solid since 6mths old) But this lasted for already 2 mthes. Now it turning to a situation that if I don't feed her, she won't settle back into sleep. This night feeding affected her morning appetite. She seems doesn't interested in breakfast that much. Never hungry when she wakes up. (Of course, she has been eating good meal while she is sleeping. :-\)

Her typical routine is like this:

6:00am to 7:00am wake up (breastfeed)
7:30am breakfast (solid)
9:00am morning nap
10:00am wake up, activity
12:00 lunch (solid+breastfeed)
1:00pm afternoon nap
2:00pm~3:00pm wake up
5:30pm dinner (solid)
6:00pm bath
6:15pm breastfeed
6:30pm~7:00pm evening sleep
in the mid of the night, wake up once for feed. (full feed, both side. If I only give her one side and try to put her down, she will cry.)
She can fall asleep independently for both nap and evening sleep.

I don't know what to do now. How can I remove this midnight feed ??? Does anyone can give me some advice? Thanks
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 13:54:34 pm by jing »

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Need help for night wakings
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 14:35:44 pm »
congrats you seem to have a great routine! if you want to wean the night feed i have a link i will post - some think it is a little trickier with a bf baby but i had no problems with it - just when taking lo off when they don't 'want' to be off yet sometimes is a little tricky getting lo to settle..does your lo take a paci? usually i would just pop the paci in dd's mouth and shh her a bit and although it was a slow process (as it should be) it def worked for us! here is the link and good luck! let me know if you need anything!

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=46907.0
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline jing

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 22:18:48 pm »
Thank you. I have tried to pull her off the breast ealier when I feed her in the night. She will start cry when I pull her off. She seems want to feel full before she can settle herself down. She doesn't use paci. As she is already 8monthes old without using a paci, I don't want to introduce it now. Maybe she is really hungry? But if so, why she is not that hungry in the morning?

Offline teezee

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 03:03:13 am »
she's not hungry in the morning b/c she is getting all of her calories at night. i am sure she is hungry b/c she is used to eating at that time. change is hard for anyone but esp for babies - when they are used to something they will stick to it that is why it is up to us to guide our lo's in the right direction - slowly but surely to get things on track. time the feedings and then eliminate a minute or two every few days which will naturally cause lo to take just that little bit more every few days until she doesn't need that night feed anymore. just do whatever you need to do to settle lo after taking her off early BUT feed. a couple minutes 'really' isn't that much difference as she is mostly full at that point kwim? good luck to you! if you are going to start this be sure you are able to follow through for your lo, as they always need consistancy - esp with change...:) let me know if you need anything.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline jing

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 09:03:45 am »
Thanks you very much for the advise, I will try to do that. Will let you know the result.

Offline teezee

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 17:51:34 pm »
good luck!! :)
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005