Author Topic: nap problems - crying fits pu/pd not working!!!  (Read 1165 times)

Offline phs

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
nap problems - crying fits pu/pd not working!!!
« on: May 08, 2006, 13:59:49 pm »
Hello, i'm absotlutely worn out with the little one's nap problems. She cries and cries when i put her in the cot, even after a wind down etc. She is sleepy but just fights it. When i do pu/pd she keeps pushing away from me and crying and screaming! if i put her down she arches her back and twists and turns and cries at the top of her voice. Its a horrible cry that makes me vey upset, if i pick her up again she does it all over! What do i do????? Please help!!!!

Thnaks

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
Re: nap problems - crying fits pu/pd not working!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 18:34:10 pm »
Hello,

Can you post your routine, please, and any other details you think might be useful. Also, how old is she?
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Offline phs

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 05:33:32 am »
Hi, she has just turned one. Our routine at the moment:
6-6.30 wake and bottle feed 5-6oz
actvitiy
8.00 breakfast
9.30-10.nap 45mins
activity
12.00 lunch
1.30 milk 5oz
1.30-200 nap 45mins - 1hr
activity
5.00 dinner
7.00 bedtime routine bath milk and bed asleep by 7.30pm

This is normal but she doesnt always nap, i stick to the mealtimes. But i am also going to drop the afternoon milk and give her snacks before the first nap (fruit and yoghurt etc). She isnt a good eater always and perhaps she relies on the milk too much? I am also going to try and slowly do one nap, not sure how it will work becuase she wakes so early!

Any advice be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 21:11:10 pm »
I agree with Stacy, perhaps you can start pushing her naps back a bit? Don't do it all at once, or she'll get overtired, perhaps an extra 15 minutes A time a day and get her used to it. My ds is slightly older than your dd, and he is now on one nap a day, to give you an idea here's his sleep routine:

Wakes 7-7.30am
Nap 11.30am until 2-2.30pm
Bedtime 7-7.15pm

He just has one long nap now, and I think he does this b/c of the longer A time. I used to put him down at 10.30am, but we started to have awful problems similar to yours, so this suits us better.

I'm not saying that your dd is ready for one nap yet (although she may well be), I'm just using our experience to illustrate the point that I think your dd can handle more A time, and this could well help with the naps.

This thread might be of some interest to you:
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=59266.0

HTH
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Offline phs

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 08:48:56 am »
Thank you everyone, im going to be trying to extend her activity time and see if that helps. But the last two nights she has woken yo before midnight and been screaming! lots of high pitched screaming and doesnt calm down at all not even with ou/pd. I have had to swithc the night light on cuddle her whioch still doesnt really help, she evebtually settles after a coupld of hours! dont know whats wrong???!!?