Author Topic: Eating a lot lastn ight, not today?  (Read 1295 times)

Offline mrsmynub

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • My sweet boys
    • Dentino Family Website
Eating a lot lastn ight, not today?
« on: May 08, 2006, 17:10:34 pm »
My 4 mo ds ate a full 6 ounce bottle during his dream feed last night at 10:30PM...then woke at 1:45AM and drank another full bottle....he woke at 4AM and I foolishly tried to feed him, and he only ate 2 ounces.  Now it is 10AM and he is not wanting to eat.  He seemed hungry at 9:15AM (after his first nap) and only ate 2 ounces.  Is there something wrong?  We started introducing solids last week and he was fine.  The only difference is that he started on sweet potatoes this weekend, but was fine on Saturday and Sunday.  ANy ideas?
Dana - mom to Dante James, born January 4, 2006 and Gianni Joseph born September 28, 2007!!!

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Eating a lot lastn ight, not today?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 18:50:56 pm »
Dana - I don't think there is anything wrong based on what you have said, it could be Dante is going through a growth spurt at the moment and for the rest of his feeds today try and increase his bottles. Remember if he drains his bottles he needs more.
HTH's
Lauren x

Offline mrsmynub

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • My sweet boys
    • Dentino Family Website
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 18:53:36 pm »
He FINALLY ate a whole bottle - it took almost 3 hours.  THen he totally fought his nap.  I am really drained and confused. 

Is it a good idea maybe to put one more ounce in his bottles now in case he does go back to the way he was last night?
Dana - mom to Dante James, born January 4, 2006 and Gianni Joseph born September 28, 2007!!!

Offline LŠuren

• yummy!!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 19:15:41 pm »
Dana - do you think the teat is possibly too slow and he is getting frustrated? I would add 1oz to the next bottle . He possibly fought the nap becasue he may have been over tired
Lauren x

Offline mrsmynub

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • My sweet boys
    • Dentino Family Website
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 19:38:32 pm »
I switched nipples a couple of weeks ago - they are the "head up, from about 4 months old" kind.  He seemed to be doing well on them.  I think you're right about the overtiredness.   But it's so funny how they change.  WHen he was first born, he would yawn and I would know he was ready for a nap.  Now he whines, and it's not untilhe is WAY overtired that he yawns.

The bottles I have in the fridge are 7oz instead of 6 oz.  I guess that I will see what happens.

Thanks for your input!

Offline LŠuren

• yummy!!
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 19:42:57 pm »
No problem, let me know how you get on.

Just a note on the teat flow, I wouldn't go by the age on the teat packet - go by if you think Dante is becoming bored because he needs to suck to much. If you did decide to try the faster teat and he was gagging and letting the milk flow out his mouth you will now it is too fast.
Lauren x

Offline mrsmynub

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • My sweet boys
    • Dentino Family Website
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 17:46:01 pm »
HE;s had just such a weird 32 or so hours.  He was SO overtired yesterday that of course, it affected his sleep patterns as well as his eating.  I have added one ounce to each bottle, making them 7 ounce bottles.  He seems to finally be back on schedule, or should I say, back into his routine as he is still napping, which will make an almost 2 hour nap ( I plan on waking him in about 10 minutes).  I hope that this means that he will be back to his normal self with eating and sleeping the rest of the day.  He normally cluster feeds himself, if you can beleive that.  FOr example, he'll eat at 8am, 12pm, 4pm and then again at 6pm all on his own.  I just started df again at 10:30 or 11PM.  Last night, though, he was so overtired, that I didn't do the df and he ended up sleeping until 2AM, but then kept waking the rest of the night.  Like I said, I am hoping that he will be back on track.  He ate 2 ounces at 5AM for DH and then 5 ounces for me at 8:30AM.  Let's see how he does around 12:30PM.