Author Topic: sippy cup at meals  (Read 1094 times)

Offline carmkaylasmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: May 08, 2006, 18:31:30 pm »
i offer a sippy cup after meals, but i can't tell if the cup is actually working. It says it is suitable for 6-9 months, but you have to bite down on the nib quite hard to get a few drops of water out. How easy should it be to get a drink out of the cup?

Offline shannon S

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • Manitoba, Canada
Re: sippy cup at meals
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 19:18:56 pm »
Hi there,
I think all babies are different in their preferences.  I have tried different kinds but my lo seems to like the ones where she has to suck out the liquid, almost like we would suck out of a straw (and she has to suck fairly hard which is why now I can tell when she is actually getting something).
I have tried them all out myself, but my lo does not necesarily prefer the one that I think is the easiest.  I would measure a couple oz into the cup and then measure after to see if your lo got any.  It took my lo a while to want to use the sippy cup.  She is 10 months and we use it (like you) during a meal or for some water during the day (mostly just for practice).

If I leave it where she can get it, she seems to want to pick it up now and try to use it. She doesn't have much success on her own yet.

shannon

Offline carmkaylasmom

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 09:15:02 am »
thanks, i think i might look at some different kinds to see if there might be an easier one to drink from. My LO also seems to like to suck hard but this cup requires biting on the nib!

Offline Lola

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
  • Missy M's Mama
Re: sippy cup at meals
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 13:01:49 pm »
I got an Advent sippy cup with a spout. it is very leak proof, even after she has it stuck upside down thru her pants :)
She loves the feel of the soft plastic spout while teething adn knows if she tilts back more, she will get water with easy sucking. it has two hands that are removable too. :)
i've been giving it daily since about 6.5 months. She's not totally there yet, but does like it.
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80