Author Topic: Enviro-Kidz Gorilla Munch  (Read 1084 times)

Offline katriona

• where's me cuppa?
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 108
  • mmm... marmite!
    • find madeleine
Enviro-Kidz Gorilla Munch
« on: May 08, 2006, 19:51:42 pm »
I bought some of this because I'm wanting more cereal in DS' diet, and this is gluten free. I tried some, and boy it was so sweet! I'm not sure if I want to give it to DS just because it seems so laden with sugar  :o Can't these guys makes healthy gluten-free instead of just making an equivalent to the sugar-laden regular kids cereal? It's hard enough finding options as it is {{grouch grouch}}  >:(

Offline katriona

• where's me cuppa?
  • Showing Appreciation 108
  • mmm... marmite!
    • find madeleine
Re: Enviro-Kidz Gorilla Munch
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 16:48:02 pm »
DH came back to bed crunching on a midnight snack last night. I asked him what he was eating, and he owned up to breakfast cereal -- which he never normally eats! Sure enough it was the Munch. I had to nicely ask him to not eat the $5 per box cereal every time he felt peckish!!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Enviro-Kidz Gorilla Munch
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 13:25:44 pm »
I saw this at my organic market last night on sale for $2.99. But I didn't get it because it says on the box that it may contain trace amounts of peanuts, tree nuts or soy.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline LilysMum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 01:56:17 am »
I've responded to this even though it has been posted for a while because it is hard finding GF cereal of suitable consistancy for babies to eat.
I've started feeding this to my 11mth old who's on a GF diet.  I found that if I left it to soak for a little while in the formula, drained some of this milk off, and then added a little more fresh formula it took the vast majority of sweetness away. Be careful that you don't leave it too long though or the cereal will just end up tasting like cornmeal!  Just don't give it dry as a snack.