Author Topic: Help with 3.5 routine please!  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Mamastalawatt

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Me and my beautiful boy!
Help with 3.5 routine please!
« on: May 08, 2006, 22:43:02 pm »
Does anyone have a sample of a 3.5 hour routine that I can look at please?

I'm particularly looking at how to get in the last daytime feed and bed time routine (my lo has a bath, a full massage then a top-up feed).

Many thanks,

Mama
xxxx

Offline Intransit

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 00:47:46 am »
Here is a link with a bunch of sample routines, if you need more help feel free to ask!
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=10385.0
 You may have to copy and paste for this link..doesnt seem to be linking as a URL right now..sorry
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Help with 3.5 routine please!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 06:42:32 am »
Mama - Here is a link to a post I was doing recently for another BW https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=59873.0 it is specifically for 3.5hr and has some example 3.5hr routines.

HTH's

Not long now until sunny Spain  ;D ;D ;D
Lauren x

Offline FiThomson

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 10:09:05 am »
Hi Mama

I have my LO (14.5 weeks) on a 3.5 hour routine at the moment.  We have found it works best for us by cutting out the catnap all together as the last cycle is short and then just giving a top up feed before bedtime so really there are four true feeds and a top-up with three proper naps (although currently having issues with 45 min naps - aren't we all?!)

Wake: 7.00 for quick nappy change and stretch
E: 7.15
A: Until 8.15 at laterst (shortest A of the day as this is her sleepiest time still)
S: 8.15 (if wakes after 45 mins try to extend, if unsuccessful we get up for 15 mins and try again - sometimes works)
A: depending on nap length

E: 10.45
A: Until 12.15
S: as above re 45 min naps

A: as above

E: 14.15
A: Until about 15.30 to 15.45
S: as above re 45 min naps

A: as above

E: 17.45
A: until 18.30 when we start bedtime routine of bath and pyjamas
E: 18.45 top-up feed in nursery
S: 19.00 to 19.15

E: DF at 10.45

Sleeps through until between 5.30 and 6am but either self settles or gets back to sleep with a little help (patting) and I wake her at 7 to start again.

Hope this helps

Fiona

E: 14.15

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 10:15:49 am »
thanks Fiona
Good to see your getting on better  ;)
Lauren x

Offline Mamastalawatt

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • Me and my beautiful boy!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 14:22:20 pm »
Thanks for everyone's replies here!

I haven't made any changes yet as things have been rather of routine at all the last few days.  I think DS is seriously close to cutting his first tooth, and possibly having his 4 month growth spurt too, so he's been very grouchy and unsettled.  He's never really cried that much, but we've had a few screaming sessions that have left me a bit worried and stressed. He wakes up anything from 5.30 in the morning wanting to play and doesn't seem to be quite as quick to go to sleep when I put him down.  His cues also seem to have virtually disappeared - he never seems to yawn but just seems to become instantly exhausted and start furiously rubbing his eyes and fighting with me...he's a right little puzzle!

Fiona, your routine is really useful, thank you!  I'm going to give it a try to see if it puts everything back into place.  My main obstacle at the moment is that we have to take my DH to work at about 8.30am, and pick him up again at about 5pm,  so something is always affected.  Need to tweak it all a bit.

At the moment DS seems to want to stay awake long enough for a 3.5 or 4 hour routine, but still wants to eat on a 3 hour routine...

Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes...

Thanks

Mama
xxxx