Author Topic: Help – EASY gone all wrong!!!  (Read 943 times)

Offline findinglight

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 10, 2006, 15:18:33 pm »
Hi, we have been on easy for quite some time now and up until the past few weeks (when the weather got better) my LO (almost 20 weeks) does not seem very happy on it, and our days are all over the place.  We have also started joining more groups – at 10 am and 10.30 am (unfortunately this is the only time they run) Here was the plan:

Eat 8.00 breast
Sleep 9.45 (2 hours)

Eat 11.45 Formula
Sleep 1.30 (2 Hours)

Eat 3.30 - Breast
Sleep 5.00 (1 hour)

Activity: Bath, massage, and story
Eat 7.00 breast and top up
Sleep 7.30

Eat 10.30 – formula

With Activity in-between eats and sleep - This needs to be age appropriate.  Have some alone time and tummy time every day.   

She appears to need more awake time, but then will be over tired and take a long time to settle.  I feel that we are using White Noise too much, and I worry that it will be needed all of the time to help her sleep if we carry on with it like this.  She has now started to wake around 7 am and will be fed between 7.15 – 7am. 1.45 hours does not seem long enough for her to play, and she always seems far too awake to sleep.  I fear that I have lost the plan, and want some routine back in her life.  We got into the stages of working an hour early or later and then catching up in the pm, but now I just do not know where we are, we have even missed some feeds (no idea how, so even they have become all mucked up) any suggestions I would really welcome!!

Thank you in advance!  :)

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: Help – EASY gone all wrong!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 15:33:36 pm »
She appears to need more awake time, but then will be over tired and take a long time to settle.
Have you tried extending her A time by 10-15 mins?  At 6 months, my dd only had 2 hrs of A time, so I think you're ok at your dd's age.  But if she needs more  A time, extend it slowly.
I feel that we are using White Noise too much, and I worry that it will be needed all of the time to help her sleep if we carry on with it like this.
I wouldn't worry about this too much.  My dd still has a humidifier running in her room for sleeps, not for the moisture, but to block out other noise.
Otherwise I think your routine looks great and don't really have any other suggestions.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007