Author Topic: This is getting out of control  (Read 1127 times)

Offline rybka

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 09, 2006, 20:53:49 pm »
I don't know if this is a habit or what with  my 3yo dd. She simply has no control over her eating or drinking. You give her a glass of water or milk and she downs it so quickly w/o taking a breather. When she is done with her bk, lunch, dinner, snack she tells me she wants more. She eyes others who are eating/drinking in hopes that they will share with them. All she thinks about is food or drinking. One can not leave a glass of water unattended for she will literally drink it up.  I am at my wits end with this. I don't want to overfeed her or give her too much to drink. what am i to do?!?! Its frustrating.

Lan

Re: This is getting out of control
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 05:46:27 am »
Have you been to see a doctor to rule out any medical problems? Otherwise, is she overweight? If she is, you might want to see your doctor about it. If she isn't, what about just giving her more to eat and drink at meals until she is satisfied, rather than trying to stop her. I really don't think it's a problem to give her as much water as she wants to drink, as long as it's not ridiculous amounts at once (eg more than  2 cups at one go). It sounds like she is reacting to you trying to control her food and drink intake, so if you don't make it a battle then her constant obsession with food might stop.