Author Topic: Dreamfeed Question  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Kyles_mommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • DS Kyle
Dreamfeed Question
« on: May 10, 2006, 14:04:52 pm »
Hi There,

I tried the dreamfeed for the first time last night.  My son kyle normally takes 6oz a meal every 4 hours and he is 6weeks old and weighs 12 lbs.   normally wakes 12am and then again 5 for another feed and then up at about 8:30am for the day.  Last night I tried the dreamfeed and he didn't wake up and he took 2 oz.  (10:45)  The problem is he woke again at 1:30 with his hunger cue's so my husband gave him 4 oz because he had 2 at the DF.  Then he woke again at 3:30am with hunger cues again, he ate 2.5oz and then he was up at 7:15am for the day.  Is this a growth spurt or did the dream feed mess him up?  Before I feed him the 3:30 I tried the P/S but nothing worked.  Does my son even need a dreamfeed?  Should I continue to try the dreamfeed?

Thanks for you input....

Leigh & Kyle
I love being a Mom!!!

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Dreamfeed Question
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 17:59:36 pm »
Hi Leigh

Usually the dreamfeed takes about a week for you to see any improvements, however the normal night wakings you posted for his age are fantastic.

Here is the link for more info on the dreamfeed, https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=54662.0. It isn't for every LO, you can only try it and see what suits you and if you see any improvements.

Lauren
Lauren x