Author Topic: Cant get settled at naptime!  (Read 1340 times)

Offline GKirk

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Carver, Ma, USA
Cant get settled at naptime!
« on: May 10, 2006, 15:26:38 pm »
Help! I Started EASY with my 4 week old son 2 days ago, and i have been swaddling him and putting him in his crib for naps but he cant seem to get settled, he sleeps better in his bouncy seat or car seat, I know i am supposed to keep him swaddled but he gets so frustrated i think that is what is keeping him awake.. By the time he does settle down and fall asleep he only gets a 30 minute nap and becomes fussy at his bedtime feed.. some one please help, any suggestions?

Offline GKirk

• Showing Appreciation 3
  • Carver, Ma, USA
Re: Cant get settled at naptime!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 23:26:56 pm »
I havent established a set EASY yet, today is just the 2nd day... I think the problem is that he is being overstimulated. I tried to lessen his A time, and that seemed to help today.. Hopefully that is the issue we will try again tommorrow I put him down for his nap 45 minutes after he woke up, which only gave him like 20 minutes of A time... is that normal for a 4 week old? I thought his A time should be longer... Also when it is naptime I usually bring him to his room, swaddle him and sit in the chair for 5-10 minutes, then I put him down (is that enough winddown time?) I try shh pat but he doesnt respond all the time..
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 23:28:53 pm by GKirk »

Offline GKirk

• Showing Appreciation 3
  • Carver, Ma, USA
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 18:30:27 pm »
He seems to be responding to the shhh part of shh/pat but i am wondering how long will it take him to be able to settle down without me shhing him? I feel like i am constantly doing that.. also it seems like 20 minutes after he is down i have to go pick him up and shh him and resttle him again because he is flipping out and unswaddled... also if i have to go out and do errands can i? should i put him in his seat after eating and hope he falls asleep in the car?

Offline GKirk

• Showing Appreciation 3
  • Carver, Ma, USA
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 18:37:25 pm »
Thanks for the advice ill give it a shot.. :)

Offline GKirk

• Showing Appreciation 3
  • Carver, Ma, USA
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 11:42:22 am »
I know that I should be making him take all his naps in his crib but do you think that it is possible to ease him into that? Possibly 1 nap in the crib per day because I think the lack of sleep at nap times is contributing to his crankiness at nighttime

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 174
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 12:11:11 pm »
Our babies are basically the same age and we are trying to implement EASY too. Usually if I have errand to do I wait until I feed him and the put him in carseat and off we go. I do not know though are you supposed to do it or now, but this is only way I can manage it. Yesterday was hard for us for naps, could not get him settle for goos until afternoon and then had troubl to wake him ::).Hope today is better. Good luck to you
~Efka~