Author Topic: Please help Ana and Josh!!! :o)  (Read 871 times)

Offline kate585

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
  • My darling redheads!!!
Please help Ana and Josh!!! :o)
« on: May 10, 2006, 15:34:46 pm »
Am posting this for another member:

My son Joshua is just 4 months old and used to sleep through from bedtime at 11pm to 6am then back to slep until 11am. Inthe last one month he has awoken at anywhere between 2-4am and when I feed himas an experiment he doesn't take much. This began before I started weaning him from the breast which was 3 weeks ago. Anyhow I stayed in his room yesterday on the floor and sure enough after his 10.30pm feed of 6oz he was awake at 12.50. I patted him and laced in soother and he went back to sleep within seconds. He awoke at 1.50am then frequently every 25 mins his arms would flail and I would restrain them with light touch-he alawys comes out of a swaddle. The peak of his REM activity was between 3.30-4.30am then he went into a deep sleep and woke with a hunger cry which I was only too glad to hear after hearing his wrestling all night!
How long do I have to rescue him from awakening as beforehand I've left him to self soothe with no luck and a raging cry occurs taking sometimes an hour to break it!
Please let me know if you need more info
Ana
Kate,

Offline anajosh

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 15:17:33 pm »
tell me what is the difference between 11am-11pm and 7amto 7pm-isn't 12 hours= 12 hours??!

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: Please help Ana and Josh!!! :o)
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 23:03:10 pm »
I would highly recomend a change in routine. 11pm is way to late for bedtime and having him sleep all morning is not healthy for his development. I say this because we need to teach our children how to live in the adult world. Starting her on a patern of late nights and mornings is going to cause many problems in the future. Added to that that by 11pm babies are overtired and do not sleep well. When they don't sleep well they don't grow as children do the most growing in their sleep.  At 4 months old bedtime should be 7-7:30 at the latest. Wake time 7-7:30 this way they get all the high quality sleep and daytime learning they need. Your LO is inconsolable die to tiredness.
The question is id the 11pm bedtime simply a convinence for you? I know I wish I could sleep to 11 in the morning like I used to  :P

I recomend you try moving bedtime to 7-7:30 and match his routine to meet that. If you requier more sleep in the am do what I do :) I go for a nap when my DD does at 8:30-9 am when I can. Its an ajustment, but its worth it.
Kimberly