Author Topic: Are the 2 naps making him refuse to sleep at 7.30?  (Read 978 times)

Offline Daniel's mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Are the 2 naps making him refuse to sleep at 7.30?
« on: May 11, 2006, 12:14:22 pm »
Hi, my baby is 8 months old now. He has being on EASY since he was born. He is an angel-text book baby. During the day, he sleeps 2 naps,  one from 9 to 11 am and the other one from 1pm to 3 pm. However, lately he just sleeps from 2 pm to 3 pm (sometimes to 3.30 pm). Somedays, he definitively refuses to sleep at 1 pm.
Some days ago, he started to refuse to sleep at 7.30 pm. He cries and seems completely awake, and falls asleep until 9 pm. For months he had managed to sleep at 7.30 pm with no problem, we just put him on his cot and that was it (after his bed time ritual). I just cant figure it out what could be the problem. I just found out about the 2-1 nap switch. At what age should we start with that technique? Is he too young to beging with the switch?

Does any one has any suggestions about why he doesnt want to sleep earllier than 9 pm?  :o

Offline Lola

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
  • Missy M's Mama
Re: Are the 2 naps making him refuse to sleep at 7.30?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 13:03:24 pm »
Hi nuevamama:
I'm not much as I am seekign the same help myself. M is 8+ months and doing the same thing over the last week. I am assuming she is teething with her top two now. She plays in her crib by herself for up to two hours (well last night was two hours). I've been doing pu/pd as well and it's still taking two hours. i have a post in under night wakings too. She is a angel/textbook too. Always went on her own-i did nothing. She is still sleeping thru once she gets down. her pm nap did shift as well from 1:30-2:30. She is awake then until bedtime as we cut out the cat nap about a month ago. I wonder if you should back up his nap earlier in teh pm?  I know M definitely can't cut out the pm nap yet. She is exhausted by bedtime. I  can't give you much advice cept to let you know we are going thru it too :)
L