Author Topic: Get an excersaucer??  (Read 3039 times)

Offline lizjackson

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Get an excersaucer??
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2006, 00:56:20 am »
Yep, put it together on my own..  It was not that bad.  It is fun to enjoy getting things for someone other than myself!!  I can't wait til Christmas.  I will post a picture of her tomorrow..

Offline Gippie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 39
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2006, 02:52:28 am »
Good product info.  I did some parent research on the Babies R Us Website befiore I buy and one parent reviewed the Baby Einstien Exersaucer and said her child almost choke on the ribbons that were on top of a toy.  She reccommended that all parents cut them off - since they fray ad cause a choke hazard -  and when I went to the store - I looked for the ribbons and they were gone.   They are pictured on the boxbut the toy is now made without the ribbons.   It was nice to see that a serious issue had actually been addressed in a timely manner.   So another great reason to but the Baby E or any great saucer out there.   

STacey

Offline Johanne

• Showing Appreciation 29
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2006, 09:36:29 am »
I have to admit to having never heard of an exersaucer....

Are they the same as a babywalker? As in do they actually move across the floor? Or are they stationary and it is just the plate that moves in a circle...? :)

Sorry for being a bit thick! I'm not sure they had these when DS was a baby....  ::)

Jo

Offline shelliz

• Showing Appreciation 217
  • Shelby - mom to two fabulous kids!
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2006, 12:10:34 pm »
Jo,

no the exersaucers are different than the walkers. Really, "they" say the walkers are not very safe to use these days. Evidently there have been tons of accidents in past years w/ the walkers so the exercaucers is like a stationary walker. They just allow the baby to stand and turn around, but not move anywhere.  You are not thick at all! Things change w/ baby gear all the time!

Offline momtocheyenne&toby

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2006, 14:42:06 pm »
They are worth it depending on when your child gets mobile.  Cheye walked at 10 mos so I got a couple of good months that it was a life saver.  Toby walked at 7 mos. and I think I put him in it like twice. 
Cheyenne Summer 6-18-02
Toby James 12-17-04

Offline Johanne

• Showing Appreciation 29
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2006, 16:51:31 pm »
Thanks for clearing that up!

I too had heard that walkers were dangerous and refused to get one when DS was little, which is why I wanted to clarify what it was. I quite like the idea of a stationary version though so may have to consider it when this little one arrives!  :)

Jo