Author Topic: putting 13 month old baby to sleep with bottle! :(  (Read 1219 times)

Offline littlemama0405

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
putting 13 month old baby to sleep with bottle! :(
« on: May 12, 2006, 06:07:20 am »
HI there everyone. I had to go back to work but before i did my son was on a pretty good schdule. his father found out that it is alot easier for him to put baby to bed with bottle. i know it isnt good. but where do i start to fix this little dilima? please give me some advise i would be most gratefull.
catherine

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: putting 13 month old baby to sleep with bottle! :(
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 06:11:07 am »
Hi
It is EVERY nap and bedtime this is happening?
Lauren x

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 08:41:49 am »
Hi there,

Just wanted to say that I have always given my lo a bottle before nap and bed times. What I do though is sit by her cot whilst she drinks the bottle (sometimes she holds it herself but usually I hold it for her) and as soon as she is finished, I kiss her goodnight and leave the room. I know that they advise not to let your child fall asleep with a bottle as this can lead to tooth decay but I figure as long as she is happy having a drink just before bedtime, I don't mind giving it to her (or sitting with her waiting for her to finish).

Sucking is soothing to babies and that just became part of our routine.... I was talking to my lo's godmother the other day and she told me that she would go to sleep with a bottle (of milk) up until the age of 5!!!  :o

Good luck!

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline littlemama0405

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 16:27:15 pm »
yes every nap and bed time this happens. i was reading the baby whisperer book and tracy said to give them food let them play and put them to bed. i dont want my son to have tooth decay, and i want him to have independence. if he takes more then one nap then he dosent go to bed until 11 at night, but he gets tired through out the day if his after noon nap at 12 is shorter then 2 hours. what is a good rutine to have for a 13 month old? im 19 and im just really trying to do what is good for my baby and i apprecaitate anyones advise.
catherine

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 16:43:37 pm »
Catherine,
Here is a link I typed out for another BW in the EASY forum, advising her how to 'get back on track' with EASY.
Let me know if this is of any use to you.  https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=60059.0  The whole EASY concept is what you have said - give them food let them play and put them to bed - this eliminates that feed to sleep aspect.

Here are also some links to routines  for 13months+ babies - https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=22115.0

If you need more help give me a shout.
lauren
Lauren x