Author Topic: Feed or not?  (Read 833 times)

Offline mollyd

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 12, 2006, 11:49:35 am »
Hi, I'm new to this site but have been using the baby whisperer routines since my daugter was born.

She is now 13 weeks old and has always been a good sleeper and has only ever woke once at night for feeds at 2.30-3am. She started to go through the night when she was 11 weeks but all of a sudden is waking up again at 3.30 am and again at 5.30am. At 3.30am I give her the dummy and she will go back to sleep, then at 5.30 I do the same but she will keep waking as soon as the dummy falls out again, usually every 20 mins for an hour and will then sleep until 7am. My dilema is do I feed or not? She isn't crying when she wakes but is just awake and gives a few moans.

Her routine is as follows:

Feed 7.30am and then every 3 hours taking 6.5-7ozs at each feed

Activity is playing on playgym or chair. Lots of singing and talking

naps during the day are 45mins-1 hour at 9.30; 12.30 and 3.30

Bed time routine is a bath at 6.45 followed by massage and a feed at 7.30.

I have tried the dream feed and it makes no difference she still wakes at 3.30am and again at 5.30am. So her last feed is currently 7.30pm

Any advice would be so welcome as I'm afraid I'm not feeding her when I really should be?

thanks
Molly

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: Feed or not?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 15:00:59 pm »
I say feed. She still pretty young and she's doing really well. You've done an excellent job with her sleeping :) So feed her and get both of you some sleep :)

HTH
Kimberly