Author Topic: How do I get 4 1/2 mo to stop snacking and eat?  (Read 1318 times)

Offline mrsmynub

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • My sweet boys
    • Dentino Family Website
How do I get 4 1/2 mo to stop snacking and eat?
« on: May 12, 2006, 17:54:33 pm »
My ds was eating a 7 ounce bottle every four hours and has taken a turn for snacking now every two hours.  I have looked at Tracy's books but cannot find an exact solution to correcting this.  Do I just starve him for two hours and listen to him whine? 

Please help - I am tired of wasting food, and feeding him is annoying every two hours.

Thanks,
Dana
Dana - mom to Dante James, born January 4, 2006 and Gianni Joseph born September 28, 2007!!!

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: How do I get 4 1/2 mo to stop snacking and eat?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 18:00:41 pm »
Dana

Do you have the BW SAYP? on page 98 there is a how to stop snacking guide....  let me know if you don't have the book.
Lauren
Lauren x

Offline mrsmynub

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • My sweet boys
    • Dentino Family Website
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 18:16:53 pm »
Yes, I do have the book.  Thank you for pointing that page out to me, as I have looked through the index and never found that page.  So, I guess using the pacifier is the way to go for now?
Dana - mom to Dante James, born January 4, 2006 and Gianni Joseph born September 28, 2007!!!

Offline LŠuren

• yummy!!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 18:31:25 pm »
I think Tracy suggests trying to extend the feeds in small increments with a paci (or do it without if you can bear the whining  ;))

Good luck and keep us posted.
Lauren x

Offline Wiki

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 16:59:00 pm »
I've got a similar thing, and I'm wondering if its an age thing? Its happened to a friend as well, like the babies get halfway done and then are bored? Mind you, my LO went nearly 5 hours yesterday between feeds, so I have the opposite problem, won't drink more in the day and waking at night. Have tried re-offering, and also upping a teat size, but that just freaks him out. Seems he will catch up when he wants to, as he's happy and contented all other times....

Offline LŠuren

• yummy!!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 17:14:55 pm »
wiki
Have you increased the teat flow?
Lauren x

Offline Wiki

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 18:30:48 pm »
Yes, on size 3 he splutters and chokes and takes less. I have thought about putting an extra hole in the 2s but the
thing is, he will eat when he wants to.

For example, after messing about this morning, late this afternoon he had 7oz at 3.30, then 5oz at 5.30 (unusual extra feed) and 9oz at bedtime, and that's on the normal teats. The other night his grandparents looked after him, he fiddled about and 3oz at bedtime, so they put him into bed, and 10 mins later he cried out, they got him and he downed the rest of the bottle no problems...