Author Topic: 4 hour stretch  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Kyles_mommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • DS Kyle
4 hour stretch
« on: May 13, 2006, 11:17:04 am »
Hi There,

I have a question,  I am trying to my DS on a schedule.  He eats every 4 hours no problem, and takes 6oz.  He is 6wks 3 days old.  He is a very happy baby and goes to bed now just fine.  I have been doing the EASY plan.  Yesterday he hadhis bath and eat at 7:15pm and went to bed for the night.  (that is what I would like for his bedtime)  he didn't eat again until 12:30 and then again at 4:30am.  He woke at 7:30 for the day and played for a hour then ate at 8:30am which is 4 hours from the 4:30 mark.  My question is today will be all out of whack because the 4 hour marks at 12:30pm, 4:30pm, 8:30pm.  How do I get him on the 7 bedtime?  Yesterday it just worked out that way.  Should I be just going with the flow for him and he go to bed at 8:30 tonight?  I should tell you that 4 hours is the least he waits.  He sometimes goes 5 hours.  Last night he eat at 7:15 but it was 5 hours later that he ate again.  Then he went back to the 4 hour stretch.   Should I wake him earlier than 4 hours to eat to get him on a 7:30 bedtime?

Thanks,

Leigh & Kyle
I love being a Mom!!!

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: 4 hour stretch
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 11:52:29 am »
Leigh just a quickie reply before nappy change...

If it were me I would have still got Calum up at his set wake up time and given him a 'top-up' at 7 or 7.30am (which ever is your normal first 'E' time), then every 4hrly from there.

Hope the makes sense, if not I am near.....

... the other option you have is too 'limit' the amount of milk at the 0430 feed to see your DS through to 7 or 7.30am (first feed).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 11:57:02 am by Calums_Mum »
Lauren x

Offline Kyles_mommy

• Showing Appreciation 1
  • DS Kyle
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 12:44:29 pm »
Thanks,  I think I will try to limit his milk at the 4:30pm one this afternoon to get to bath time and bedtime,  and I will do the same thing in the morning.  thanks for your advise.

Leigh
I love being a Mom!!!

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 12:54:16 pm »
no problem, let me know how you get on.  ;)
Lauren x

Offline joyfulmom

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 12:58:47 pm »
Kyles Mommy, I have a question for you.  When did you start the four hour schedule and how does his activity and sleep time look?  I'm looking to change my LO to 4 hour schedule but not sure he's ready.

Thanks

Offline Kyles_mommy

• Showing Appreciation 1
  • DS Kyle
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 14:30:19 pm »
Joyfulmom,

I neve really had to switch him to the 4 hour schedule, he did it on his own around 3 weeks old.  His activity is ok, for 6weeks he is up for about 1 hour including feeding and naps about 2 1/2 - 3 hours. 

Leigh
I love being a Mom!!!