Author Topic: 11.5 month nap help  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • They are huge now!!!
« on: May 13, 2006, 16:14:25 pm »
Hi. I am not sure if I should post here or in toddlers, but it has been such a terrible napping week. She is not sick or teething, and is eating great. She crawls and cruises, and is learning to walk, but her naps and A time are so different that I do not know what to do anymore.  She hopefully sleeps from 7 to 7 straight. Or so was she.

She was sleeping at 10:30 am. now she shows tired cues at 9:30 or so. I wait until 10 to put her to sleep and she goes to sleep by herself with her blankie immediately. At exactly 1 hour later she wakes up crying, and sometimes happily playing, and that is her morning nap. It used to be 2 hours. Now she only has 1 hour, and earlier!!!  :o

So this should sound great, but her afternoon nap usually at 2:30 is now at 2, and only 20 or 30 minutes!!!! I tried to extend this nap for 4 months now, but we usually are at MILīs house or momīs, and it is impossible.
So at 7 she was so overtired that I have been putting her to sleep at 6:30 or 6, and she wakes up at 5 am.   :-\

I do not know what else to do. I tried extending her A time, but she is so tired and begs me to put her to sleep at 10. I tried to extend so maybe switch to 1 nap, and she slept 20 min and woke up overtired.
At this point i am lost of how much her A time should be , and how long her naps. Like what is the aproximate normal time of naps and A time. I am lost...

So any suggestion will be really appreciated....  I do not want to have an overtired baby... Should I extend her A time by distracting her? Please help me out here. Thanks.
TIA
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 12:56:56 pm by Mom2Ximena »
[img width= height=]http://b2.lilypie.com/z1Usm6.png?r=747c4ab[/img] [img width= height=]http://b4.lilypie.com/rC6rm5.png?r=645e74f[/img]

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: 11.5 month nap help
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 13:19:41 pm »
It sounds like learning to walk may be a key culprit here - it can wreck major havoc on sleep - but things generally calm down once the skill is learned and practiced. In the meantime, you can only try to get DD as much sleep as possible - like you said, she does sound overtired. Can you try wake-to-sleep to try to extend one or both of her naps?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Lucysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 118
Re: 11.5 month nap help
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 14:15:25 pm »
Daniela -

How about putting her down at 9:30/9:45 and seeing if she actually sleeps longer than 1 hour?  Maybe by the time it is 10 she is almost overtired and so she is not sleeping as long as she needs to in the morning and then by the time the afternoon nap comes around she is waaaay overtired so that nap is even shorter.  Because of her mobility now she is tiring herself out more quickly so maybe for a little while she will need to have a little less A time.  Once things have calmed down with her new skills then you can see if she can handle more A time.  Just an idea.  Also, it is so common for naps and sleep to be a disaster when new milestones are happening so it may be a case of just riding this out and just trying not to do any accidental parenting in the meantime. 

Sorry I can't be more help...   :-* to you and Ximena!   

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • They are huge now!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 14:55:18 pm »
Thanks again...
Tried that too...
She fusses and cries out loud refussing... as "why am I in bed if I am not tired yet? So she cries and stands up calling me to take her out...  The minute I take her out she wants to play...
After an hour of sleep she can stay 30 to 1 hour more playing and babbling in her crib all by herself...
So maybe this will happen until she finally walks... although I think that it can take her 2 months as she is not walking yet holding her with one arm only... she needs more practice still...
Thanks again...
So I have to accept that that is all time she needs for the day?
[img width= height=]http://b2.lilypie.com/z1Usm6.png?r=747c4ab[/img] [img width= height=]http://b4.lilypie.com/rC6rm5.png?r=645e74f[/img]