Author Topic: 11 month old easy?  (Read 1363 times)

Offline aussie_mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
11 month old easy?
« on: May 14, 2006, 08:44:09 am »
Just wondering what a 11 month old easy should look like? we have a routine at the moment and it looks like this...

wakes at 6-7.30
Breakfast  8
school run 9am
Nap between 9.30 -10.30
Bottle on waking
play time
Lunch 12-1pm
nap1.30-2.30
bottle on waking
school run @ 3pm
play time
dinner 5-6pm
bath
bottle
bed 7-7.30

Just wondering if there is any thing missing or if this is OK? My dd also doesn't sleep longer than 3-4 hours at nigh, so i was wondering if our day routine had something to do with that??

Any ideas.
Jamie

Nikki~Nathanamp;Danielle

Re: 11 month old easy?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 08:55:56 am »
It looks pretty good, and I'd tend to say leave things as is if it's working for you both. But because of thet night wakings, it does seem that something maybe needs to be tweaked, there does appear that there is a big afternoon gap until bedtime and I wonder if she's getting overtired which can lead to a restless sleep at night. I can see that you need to get her nap in before you do the school run which can make it tricky, because the obvious solution would be to push out the two naps. But you're like me, I have a preschool run which messed with our mornign nap and consequently my dd got pushed onto one nap at 10mths as I couldn't fit two naps into the day properly. Do you think she's ready to stretch our her morning nap? And if so, could you time her 2nd nap with the school run in the car or buggy depending on how you pick your other dd up? If you can't fix the naps at the moment, I would suggest bringing in bedtime by 1/2 hr (or no later than 7pm) to see if she goes down a bit more rested and hopefully get some longer sleep stretches during the night.

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: 11 month old easy?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 16:37:38 pm »
Hi Jamie
You can find more sample routines for this age group here:
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=10386.0
Lauren x

Offline Intransit

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 01:17:49 am »
Just a little addition....my son is going to be 1 this weekend...and for the past 2 weeks we have been working on getting him onto one nap...and it has improved a lot of things. Like....no more night wakings which were occuring on and off for a week or so before I tried the one nap thing...I am not sure if this is what your Lo needs...but Lizwe sleeps around 12 or so till about 2-30-3pm....he wakes in the AM at around...7 or so...and is up till about 12 ish...seems long initially for him...but like anything else..you build up to it.
Again, maybe this isnt the time...but it will eventually happen
:)
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.