Author Topic: 5 hour EASY???  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Harvey and Theos Mam

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 95
  • From S.Wales
5 hour EASY???
« on: May 14, 2006, 20:36:26 pm »
Ok, so this is a long shot.

Has anyone done a 5 hour EASY?

Theo seems to want to go 5 hrs between feeds through the day and has a d/f between 10:30 & 11pm,then he wakes most mornings after 5am for a feed and goes back to sleep til gone 8am. He has woken @ 6 or 7am a few times for feeds instead if the 5am.
I am just a little lost as to where to go as he refuses to eat and gets upset if i try to feed him around 4hr EASY.

Another thing is, i think he is teething and am not sure if this is the reason why he changing his routine. He has been like this for 2 days and i have managed to keep himon track with  his routine, but i am wondering if any of you know anything about 5 hr EASY as i have never seen one.

His day is like this ( pre- 5hr feeds) depends what time he wakes.

E   5-6am
S   until 7-8:30
A   1hr
E    9-9:30
A    1hr
S    10:30 - 11 for 2 hrs

E    12:30 ish
A    1 hr 45mins
S    2hrs

E    4pm
A    1hr 30
S    1hr

E    7-7:30pm
A    15-30mins (depends on cues)
S    down for the night

D/F  10:30 - 11pm

Rhian

Offline HeatherC

• Showing Appreciation 79
Re: 5 hour EASY???
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 20:51:27 pm »
I wouldn't worry about it as long as he is getting enough feeds during the day so he won't start wanting/needing to feed in the night.  I have read some posts about 4.5 hrly feeds, but I'm not sure about 5 hrly.  Is the schedule you posted what he was doing before stretching his feeds to 5 hrs?  It could just be a temporary thing and he may revert back to his normal schedule.  If you suspect teething, try a gum treatment about 15-30 mins before his feed is due as to relieve any discomfort that may be causing him to refuse the feed.  I use Hyland's teething tablets and they work great.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

• From S.Wales
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 21:06:59 pm »
Thanks for getting back to me.

He has been going around 5hrs for 2 day and  i suspect he would go longer if i didn't offer him the breast and try. I don't want to let him go too long as i know he wouldn't have an EASY routine in any shape and then it could affect hissleeping at night. He is very good at naps and goes to sleep on his own with his thuimb and is normally asregular as clockwork.We could set the clock by him he was that good at keeping on the 4 hr EASY. lol

I do rub bonjella onto his gums before feedings and had to  give him calpol once yesterday and today because he was getting a fever.
I think it could just be a phase but i want to get the heads up incase it isn't.
Rhian

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 00:24:02 am »
My Dd moved to 5hr EASY at 5months so about the same age as Theo. She was feeding 7,11,3,6.30 however starting fussing with her 11 and bedtime bottles. So i combined the 11&3bottles and gave it at 1pm and that fixed the problem.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

• From S.Wales
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 08:16:39 am »
Thanks for that Natasha.

Will see what happens and follow his cues.
I will have to start writing it down again now to see what pattern forms.
Rhian