Author Topic: dropping feeds  (Read 856 times)

Offline momofella-grace

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
dropping feeds
« on: May 15, 2006, 10:18:39 am »
Hello my little one is now nearly 7 months old but due to her being underweight she is still being fed 4 hourly (5 feeds per day of 7 ounces and solids 3 times per day) with a dreamfeed at 11pm. Aptamil says that at 7 months she should only be having 3 feeds per day of 7 ounces, do i drop one feed at a time starting with the dreamfeed. How long should she now go between feeds during the day. . Ella was 151b 10oz two weeks ago she is probably around 161b now so she is still quite small. Please can someone suggest a feeding schedule including when to feed solids i would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance Lisa and Ella x

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: dropping feeds
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 10:33:38 am »
Lisa,

If Ella is happy on her current feeding routine, I wouldn't change it. I also use Aptimel and haven't followed their recommendation, because that is all it is.

Calum is nearly 8months and I have JUST dropped to 3 feeds. The main sign to look for from Ella is; a disinterest in her lunch bottle.

If you really want to change can you post your current routine.
HTH's
Lauren x

Offline momofella-grace

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 13:32:33 pm »
Hi Lauren i wasnt sure what to do really but i think i will wait until she looses interest in the milk at the moment she cant get enough of it. My problem is that i read a book or instructions and think i must be doing something wrong!! thanks Lisax

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 14:28:42 pm »
you're doing FAB!! don't worry!!  ;)
Lauren x