Author Topic: how can get my 4.5mth onto easy  (Read 921 times)

Offline sandrmum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 16, 2006, 03:36:38 am »
my 4.5mth old babygirl is a catnapper in the day and at nite wakes for brstfeed once or twice usually twice sometimes i can pat her on the 2nd wakeup back to sleep.she self settles very well most of the times so no worries there.shes so tired by end of day and so grumpy shes in bed by 5.30 so this means she wants get up anywhere between 5.30-7 am depending on when feeds were in nite how to implement easy(she feeds every 4 hrs)when wake up time is always different.once shes up i try keep her up for 2 hrs which can be hard as she gets grumpy and she still wont sleep longer than 40 min(but out of blue did sleep 2 hrs yest mornbut not today)i just usually go out when she has catnapped so get her to the next 2 hrs then she will with my intervention have much longer midarvo sleep can take up to 40min off and on get her back for a bigger sleep then she may have another 40 min about 1hrhalf later then she wants to be in bed anhr or so after that.every day is different also with having a 3yr old need take him to swimmng his mums group drop off kindy etc get groceries how do you do all that on a schedule of sorts.this is all dvg me insane i feel i spend all my days trying get her back to sleep hard when hae another child he only at kindy twice a week.and hubby wks away lots.dont get it how can have schedule when they wont sleep when you want them to and for as long as they sld.can sometimes be hard feeding her as shes tired and pulls on and off.i like having her in bed early as i can tea done for my son and get him organized and off to bed.im an organized person and hate all this unpredictability not knowing is she going to sleep longer today and when.so far our day has gone like this up at 650am had feed into bed 9am slept 40 min she played happily in cot till about 10 past 10 gave in a fed her at 10.30 we had a play back in bed 11.20 she was tired woke 40 min later left her to self settle which she did at times but after half hr had to go in and pat her still asleep now at 1.30.yest up at 6am in bed 8am slept till 10.20(1st time) back in bed 12.20 slept 40 min and started self settle back to sleep but didnt last i cldnt resettle her so up at about 145 back in bed for sleep at 330 for 40 min finally down for nite at 530.awake for feed at 920pm then 1.30 feed and woke at 330 clnt settle so had quick feed(not like her to wake this time)sorry so long hope you can understand.

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: how can get my 4.5mth onto easy
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 06:21:08 am »
Welcome to the boards Sandrmum
I am running out the door to work at the moment...

here is a link to a post that helps with starting EASY, https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=60371.0 
one of us will pop in on you later and answer in more detail  ;)
Lauren x