Author Topic: 4 hour EASY/4 months  (Read 1231 times)

Offline wonderma

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
4 hour EASY/4 months
« on: May 16, 2006, 04:06:04 am »
Is it still appropriate to move to the 4 hour EASY if babe is still getting up for night time feeds? How am I going to get more food in during the day if I cut out one of the feedings? Also I have trouble keeping lo up for 2 hours til 9am after the 7am feed. I have a feeling he is up in his crib at 6am but doesn't cry out.

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: 4 hour EASY/4 months
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 04:16:23 am »
yes it is and you'll find that your LO will drink more per feeding, and may even start to sleep longer at night.
Kimberly

Offline wonderma

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 13:09:12 pm »
Ok , thanks I'll try. But I'm a little worried because at his last Doctor's appointment he dropped from the 50th to the 25th percentile for weight. His height has been OK though. Dr wasn't too concerned, just wants to track his weight a bit.

Offline Kimberly®

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 13:56:56 pm »
If the dr wasn't worried then you don't need to :) As I said though your LO will likly eat more at each feed because he'll be hungry for them more then he is on a 3 hour EASY. Also I wanted to say try putting your LO down at 8 rather then 9 and see if that helps your AM, ny DD is also up at 6 quiet often and is back down by 8 most days. Somedays even when she wakes at 7, she'll eat brakefast and be ready to go right back to sleep, I usually push for 15 min after she eats so her tummy settles and put her back to bed, its a mater of ajusting your routine for that day. I have to admit I like those days, they're the days I too get to crawl back into bed  :P
Kimberly

Offline wonderma

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 17:44:51 pm »
How do you get a baby to move to the 4 hour EASY on their own? Do I stop waking him up from naps to feed? Right now I let him nap for 1-2 hrs depending on when he last ate. He can go anywhere form 3-4 hours between feeds. Should I let him sleep to a maximum of 2 hours at a time? Right now our routine looks kinda like this... (I left the activity out for simplicty) Baby is 14 weeks and 5 days old and approx 13 lbs.

E 7
S 8 or 8:30
E 9:15
S 11 or 11:30
E 1 or 1:30
S 3 or 3:30
E 4:30 or 5
sometimes a cat nap for 30 - 60 min
BATH 6:45
EAT and Bedtime 7 or 7:30

Offline Kimberly®

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 18:02:37 pm »
I'd say keep waking him, if you let him sleep to long he'll start waking more at night. Try to have 2 naps of 1.5 hours and a shorter cat nap of no more then 45 minutes about an hour before bedtime. This should help balence things a bit for you.

EASY will start to look more like AEASY for a while add more A time before feeds. Your LO will start to increase his A time a little at a time for him self.
To start move your routine up 15 minutes at a time untill you reach 4 hours.

Kimberly