Author Topic: missing the window, late afternoon nap, and too many feedings at bedtime..  (Read 960 times)

Offline avery's momma

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
i have a few issues and they may all be related so i am posting all together. sorry it is so long.  ::)

one is about 45 min naps, which i might have resolved by extending A time, but today she woke early and i didn't know what to do with her... i am thinking about getting on board with w2s, but what do you do if you miss the window? like now.. she went down 30mins ago, and was making her catlike/crying/waking up sounds, and those lasted about 7 mins, but of course now she is quiet. (and actually has fallen back asleep while i have been writing.. ) what do you do when they wake up out of the nap? do you have A time (if it is before feeding time) then E, then S? or do you do A, Eat (at proper time) rest of A time, then Sleep?

this morning my lo was looking tired this am after 1st feed so i put her down a bit early and she woke up early.. it seems to throw off the rest of the day when she does this, but i don't know how to resolve it other than wait for tomorrow! ::) it is hit and miss so much of the time.. i hate to put her down early, as it makes her wake early, but i hate to keep her up too long, as the poor thing can't settle  :-[

my other issue is about the late afternoon nap (from you know where)... is it a nightmare in your homes too, or is it just here?? what i am doing wrong?  what time should i aim to have a catnap? what is the purpose of the catnap, and how much time should there be between the last "good" nap of the day, the catnap, and bedtime?

she finally has mastered bedtime, after implementing a bedtime routine (thanks to Karita!) but i am afraid i have implemented a bad habit of feedings too close together at bedtime. check out our schedule and let me know what you think!

yesterday's schedule:
E 7:00
A til 7:45
S 7:45-10:10

E 10:15
A til 10:56
S 10:56-1:00

E 1:00
A til 1:56
S til 2:40 (the guy from the electric company banged on the door and talked really loudly right next to her window! >:(

E 3:10
A til 3:56 (so funny about these "hour:56" times. i didn't even notice til i started typing them!)
S 3:56-5:00

here's where things get tricky bc i wanted her to wake up at 6:00

E 5:10-5:20
Rest on my chest 5:20-6:00  bc i wanted to start bedtime routine at 6 (we were having friends over at 7)
A 6:00 (bath)
E 6:20-6:40 (she was all figety and fussy.. i thought she must be hungry again, but i am afraid that was the wrong thing to do.. it seems to be the only thing that really calms her..  it's bad, i know... but how do i stop it??!!)
S in bed at 7:00 (quiet, looking like she is going to fall asleep, but then her arms work out of the swaddle and she seems to wake up more and more by the minute until they are back in and she can get to her fists).. so i went in to reswaddle (7:30)and it made her fussy and she cried!
still not asleep by 8:45, so i went in to feed again (so she would sleep longer into the night.. which she didn't do by the way!)
fell asleep at 8:55,

E 2:45 am (early this a.m.)
E 7:10 am (today)

i have been letting her sleep on my chest for the catnap the past few days as she was off track from last week's shots and lack of sleep, but i don't want to get into that habit.. can anyone help me get our schedule back on track? thank you!!!!