Author Topic: Too bored to feed at 5 months?  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Wiki

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: May 16, 2006, 16:40:35 pm »
Just wondering if anyone else had come across this..

I was talking to a friend, who FFs too, at baby massage today, her boy is 5.5 months and a while ago he started refusing half of his bottles like Caspar has recetnly started doing, drinking about half and then turning his head away and getting on with playing etc. She decided he was possibly bored, so she started on a tsp of baby rice a day (and still is, as he's not 6 months yet), to give him something else to do regarding food, including holding the spoon, making a mess etc.

Pretty soon, he took a renewed interest in drinking his bottles! I  tried this with Caspar at lunchtime, as he wouldn't eat more than 4oz of milk at 11am, after 6oz at 7.30am. So we had a bit of a squidge around with some rice, some of which I think went on his tongue/mouth :), and then after I tidied up from that he started yelling and then finished his bottle.

Fair enough I suppose, he's been looking at a bottle for 5 months now, must be dull.

Anyone else had this, BF or FF? Just curious?

Vic & Caspar (21 weeks tomorrow!)

Offline Wiki

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 17:27:41 pm »
Stacy, I've moved to 4 EASY, so they are minimum 4 hours apart. I basically wait until he is actually crying his hunger cry before I feed him, and he will sometimes take 4oz, sometimes 6oz. But around bedtime he will take 10-14oz now! :o

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Too bored to feed at 5 months?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 19:05:07 pm »
Wiki
Calum also takes between 10 - 13oz in his last bottle before bed.
Lauren x

Offline Wiki

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 19:15:32 pm »
I think it must be a new phase, he used to space the food evenly out throughout the day, now he is tanking himself up in the early evening, whereas he has more interesting things to see and do in the day! ;D