Author Topic: Move LO into her own room help with night wakings??  (Read 1253 times)

Offline mljlmr

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Move LO into her own room help with night wakings??
« on: May 16, 2006, 16:44:35 pm »
My LO sleeps in our room in her playpen. Goes down at 7-7:30, D/F at 10, and is up around 2:30 it feed and back in playpen. But around 3:30 or 4 shes up crying, not tears or anything, just not settling back into sleep, and i end up having her in our bed and sleeping with her. Shes been doing this for about 3 weeks now. IM going to put her in her own room tonight, she sleeps in her crib during the day so shes used to it. Do you think this would help? any suggestions? she will be 4 months next week.  jen

Offline KDawn

• Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Move LO into her own room help with night wakings??
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 20:41:25 pm »
Hi, I'm not sure how your situation is, but I'll tell you what we did.  We have a spare bed in baby's room, which we started sleeping in whenshe was born.  It helped with all the night feeds because I was bf and this way she never cried because I could get to her crib before she would get worked up.  But, by 2 - 2 1/2 mos old she started sleeping worse at night, and kept us all help.  Finally we moved back to our room, and it all seemed to straighten out.  My theory is WE were keeping her awake.  My dh is a noisy sleeper who would constantly move or bump into the wall, and I'm a light sleeper, so all the little sleep noises she makes would make me wake, and then toss and turn, in turn waking her up.  I hope this might help you a little bit. 

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 20:57:59 pm »
Jen,

We had a similar problem about the same time - DS would only sleep in his crib at night and would have nothing to do with it during the day. I think you are definitely right to put your lo down in her bed tonight rather than the playpen. Although, you should probably be prepared for a night or two or three of protests. But, stick with it and let her know that's where she's supposed to sleep. She will catch on and I bet all of you will be much happier. You're way better off to sort this out now - the longer you wait the harder it will be, trust me!! She's probably crying at 3:30/4 because it's time to go into bed with you and that's why she's not settling back to sleep. She will probably do the same thing from her own room, but try shhh/pat or maybe PU/PD to teach her that her crib is where she should be.  :D
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 23:14:17 pm »
I agree stick with putting he in her own bed, and also turn off your monitor. Sounds strange I know, but if you don't hear her fantum cries you wont go to her and she'll hopefully settle herself back to sleep. If she's fussy or mantra crying leave her be :) This is a critical learning stage for her, she's learning to sleep on her own. If you keep bringing her into your bed it will become a prob, a very hard prop to brake.
Kimberly

Offline mljlmr

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 00:01:33 am »
Thanks girls. She does sleep in her room in her crib for naps, so shes used to her room. She sleeps in the playpen till about 3:30 or 4 and thats when she starts her fussiness and i just let her go in our bed from the playpen in our room. I did put her to bed in her room tonight, shes been asleep for an hour or so (goes down at 7) she always wakes up at the 45 minute mark  but goes right back to sleep, which she just did. Im hoping i have good success with this tonight!!!

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 00:09:30 am »
Wow, that's great!! Sounds like you are off to a wonderful start!  ;D
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 00:49:33 am »
indeed great start :) let us know how it goes.
Kimberly