Author Topic: Does 11 month old sit up in her sleep?  (Read 1908 times)

Offline shannon S

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Manitoba, Canada
Does 11 month old sit up in her sleep?
« on: May 17, 2006, 03:39:03 am »
My DD still wakes up a few times most nights.  I know that she is getting enough sleep now and is falling asleep on her own.  It is taking less and less time each week. (still have an off day now and then)....and she eats well. So I don't know why she still wakes a lot at night. 

Lately though it has been easy wake ups, ie. I go in to find her sitting up and I find her soother and give it to her at which point she practically falls down onto the mattress and is back to sleep.  or I lay her down and give her the soother.
When I go in she is just sitting there, not moving and almost looks stunned.  Do you think she is sitting up in her sleep and then wakes up?  And then she is a little scared?   It is so strange because she can easily sit up and go from sitting to lying down (during the day) but in the middle of the night I always have to help her.

I know that I shouldn't rush in when she cries out at night, but I have had too many experiences where I haven't rushed in and then she fully wakes and takes hours to get back to sleep.

Thanks!
shannon

andibig

Re: Does 11 month old sit up in her sleep?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 08:47:50 am »
my ds did this and it drove me nuts! i think she probably is sitting up hhalf asleep. i'm pretty sure my cs was because i'd find her sometimes resting against the cot bars! i think they are a little disorientated when it happens because their not really awake or asleep (imo) like we would be when we stir in our sleep. i think it might be due to increased mobility. it seemed to be just a phase with my ds or she just learnt how to lie back down