Author Topic: 2 to 1 confusion  (Read 934 times)

Offline Claire Marie's mommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
2 to 1 confusion
« on: May 17, 2006, 13:17:33 pm »
Hi all, I've been reading all of the posts about 2 to 1 and they have been so helpful, but I am a little confused as what to do about DD's naps.  She is able to do one nap at about 11:45 if she wakes up after 6:30 and I put her to bed about 6:30pm.  This one nap usually lasts about 2 - 2.5 hours.  This isn't consistent though.  Some days she wakes early, so I still do 2, others we have to be somewhere, so I just keep her going until after lunch.  She handles it pretty well.  Last week we had people in town and a doctors appt. so she went 4 days on one nap a day.  Now this week, we really have nothing going on.  Should I try for 2 or just be consistent and stick with one.  I'm worried about throwing her rythms off.  I know most books say that los will go back and forth for a while, but DD is only 13mo and I'm worried that I may be pushing her too soon.  Any advice greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Jessica

Offline alyssa1

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 14:30:04 pm »
This is just my personal opinion - if she is doing well with the one nap and does not seem too overtired I would just stick with 1.  If you find that some days she is just too tired then do the 2 but if last week she mostly did 1 nap and did well with it, I would try to stick with the 1 long nap mid-day - I think that's great that you got there so quickly and for so many days in a row.  It's nice that the 1nap is long too  :)

Offline Claire Marie's mommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 2 to 1 confusion
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 21:15:26 pm »
Thanks for your advice ladies, this really is a confusing time.  I think I'm going to try a first nap and limiting it to 40 min. or so and see if she will take an afternoon nap.  If not,  I guess I'm just going to stick with the one.  We did one today, but it was only an hour and a half, so its going to be an early bedtime.  I just feel bad about flopping her back and forth all of the time, but I can't always get her to take 2 naps and at the same time, feel she is too young for 1!! :-\    I found the 2 to 1 support group at the top of the page and will be reading to see how they are getting along!
Thanks again!
Jessica