Author Topic: Temper Tantrums  (Read 1177 times)

Offline bensmumuk

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Benny Boy
Temper Tantrums
« on: May 17, 2006, 14:20:09 pm »
my 6month old son has really bad temper tantrums and i don't know what to do!!! I have bought him every toy I can think of to get him to play on his own but he screams the house down!!!  He wants me to hold him all the time.  If I put him on the floor with lots of toys or with no toys he breaks his heart crying.  Everyone tells me to ignore him but it is so difficult.  is this the only way for him to stop?  Its causing real bonding problems for his daddy because he can't handle him having tantrums (although its his daddy he gets them from) so he doesn't spend much time with him.  What can I do to teach a 6 month old baby that temper tantrums are not acceptable?  Is he still too young to know better? ??? [/color]
Gayle

Offline maggieruth

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 251
Re: Temper Tantrums
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 13:49:22 pm »
exactly what i was going to suggest, thanks stacy! x

Offline Shdef

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 14:05:37 pm »
I would definately go for something gentle because a 6 month old isn't behaving that way because he is naughty. he needs you and he needs the closeness of his mother. He is still a small baby and cannot yet understand that you will come back.

The gentle removal plan that seems to work so well (and with hardly any crying) night work a treat...

First he can sit on your lap and play... then a bit on your lap... than next to you... and so on. I wouldn't do it toooo slow though because he might start crawling soon and then it may be harder to actually be consistent, iykwim