Author Topic: Won't go back to sleep after dream feed  (Read 1119 times)

Offline TJ & Stephy's Mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
Won't go back to sleep after dream feed
« on: May 18, 2006, 01:58:18 am »
Not sure if I should be posting this question or in a diferent section.  Let me know if this is the wrong place to ask.

Almost every time I dream feed LO wakes up...which is fine since he has done that a couple of times and will go back to sleep right after.  But for the last 2 nights, LO wakes up during dream feed and stays up for 2 hours before he falls asleep.  He is wide awake and is having a hard time settling or just doesn't want to sleep and wants to talk/play.  I've tried leaving him alone to fall asleep but he gets upset when he loses his paci so I have to help him put his paci back in his mouth....it's almost like a game he's playing.

Anybody experience this situation??  What did you do to get LO back to sleep?  I don't understand why LO won't go back to sleep.  And when he does go back to sleep he wakes up at 2am and 4am.

What can I do after the dream feed to make LO go back to sleep??  Shush-pat is not working and PU/PD seems to be stimulating LO. 

Melodie

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: Won't go back to sleep after dream feed
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 03:28:37 am »
Try skipping the dreamfeed and see what happends. He may be ready to drop it on his own.
Kimberly