Author Topic: How to get LO to eat more??  (Read 1262 times)

Offline TJ & Stephy's Mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
How to get LO to eat more??
« on: May 18, 2006, 02:05:49 am »
HI,

My LO has just turned 4 months and I've switched to a 3.5 hour EASY a few weeks ago and LO is still taking about the same out of food for each feeding as when we were on a 3 hour EASY.  When we were on a 3 hour EASY, LO was eating about 4 oz and now that we have switched to a 3.5 hour EASY, LO is still taking about 4oz per bottle but we now have one less feeding that before.  The most he has taken is 5oz and sometimes he has taken less that 4oz.

He seems to be gaining weight and seems satisfied with the amount of food he's getting.  I have tried force feeding him and that wasn't a good experience so I have just let him be if he doesn't finish his bottle but I am worried that he's becoming a bad eater which could lead to poor eating habits later on.  Is that correct to make that assumption? Should LO be eating more?  What can I do to make him eat more at each feeding?

BTW, I tried going to a 4 hour EASY but LO can't naturally stay up for A time, that's why we are at a 3.5 hour EASY.

Melodie

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: How to get LO to eat more??
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 08:13:04 am »
Melodie
What size teat are you using, is it tto slow? Have you tried giving a 5 -10min break and trying again?

Will try and respond more later...
Lauren x

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 13:55:25 pm »
Currently, I am using Avent nipple #2.
I have tried waiting 10 min and feeding LO again but he won't take the bottle.  He gets upset and cries if I force the bottle on him.  So I have not done it again.
Should I be forcing him to eat after 10 min break?

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 14:03:53 pm »
Have you tried a size 3?
Lauren x

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• How lucky am I?
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 18:37:41 pm »
Hi MelodyW! Is your lo wakiing at night for a feed? If not and he is gaining weight, I wouldnt worry about. He will tell you how much he needs. I guess, if aint broke dont try to fix it.  :)

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 15:00:08 pm »
Well I tried a size 3 nipple all last week and still LO didn't eat as much and he wasn't use to the flow of the nipple and was leaking milk.  So I switched back to size 2 this weekend and the weird thing is that he started finishing almost the entire bottle.  I guess he wasn't that hungry a couple of weeks ago.