Author Topic: Falling asleep during A time  (Read 857 times)

Offline ziyangsmummy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« on: May 18, 2006, 08:29:16 am »
Hi there,
I've had a reoccuring problem that has been affecting Jack's nap time.  He is a 4 and a half months old and a spirited little monkey.  We have been doing wake to sleep to extend his sleeps for the last 4 weeks and have finally started to see some results.  However I have had a problem with him falling asleep and taking cheeky little naps in his stroller when I am out doing errands during his a time. 
Jack is on a 4 hour easy and I alswasy make sure that if i do have appointments or errands to go just after a feed and be homebefore the half an hour needed for wind down etc before his next nap.
 What happened today was he fell asleep at 12.20 on the way home in the car adn slept in the garage, in the car  till 12.50.  Naptime was at 1pm  so I thought that I would keep him up for another half and hour and then do wind down and put him to bed at 1.30pm.  He didn't agree with this and spent the whole nap time crying whilst i did pupd till he started fighting me and I put him down.

So I s'pose the big question would be what do you do when bubba falls asleep in the car seat before his actual naptime.  Do you wait for them to wake and then immediately put them to bed?

As I said this had happened quite a few times and both he and myself both have meltdowns, so I'd love some advice! Thanks, Irene

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
Re: Falling asleep during A time
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 13:39:37 pm »
What I've been doing is just immediately transferring from the carseat to the crib. It may be early, but tbh it's not a good idea to interrupt a sleep cycle too much. Actually keeping him up might be throwing him off.

Remember that nap times are never exact...naps usually happen within a half hour to an hour of the "schedule" (or lack thereof lol). Biorhythm wise, it's not a good idea to put him down the exact time every day, because our body's biorhythm works on a 25 hour day, not a 24.

Hope this helps!

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005