Author Topic: dd is clever  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Sylvia.

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 232
dd is clever
« on: May 20, 2006, 01:52:54 am »
dd has always slept in a sleeping bag, the brand we use is grobag, we just love them, dd moves around alot when sleeping and she still sleeps in a cot, will be moving her into a baby bed when the baby needs the cot, anyway here is our problem, just this last week dd has found her way out of the sleeping bag, yesterday i found her after her nap out of the bag out of her pants out of her nappy, this was also the first time since she went to one nap that she only slept for a short time, less than an hour, and wasn't she proud when i walked in and boy did i want to laugh, it was so funny, what can i do?

Nikki~Nathanamp;Danielle

Re: dd is clever
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 02:28:32 am »
Sinice she will be going into a big bed soon, I'd be inclined to get rid of the sleeping bag. When in the big bed, she will get out, so for one it's safer and two it's great that they can have a little independence.

As for taking all the clothes off - I used to put a special pair of overalls on my ds at naptime when I changed his nappy - they became his "sleeping pants".

I use a fleece sleepsuit for nights with my kids. DS now has a duvet on his bed as he doesn't move around quite so much, but it also keeps him warm if he comes out of the blankets which happens often. It also means he can get up and walk out of the room in the morning and still stay warm until I get him dressed.

Sounds like you might be in for a few sleep issues and she may start to stall at naptime, just keep with your routine and remain consistent and she will get back on track (when you switch to the big bed you will notice that she'll likely change with the added freedom, but it balances out again - my ds went through a phase of reading all his books, unpicking all the tabs on his nappies, emptying out the drawers etc - but it eventually stops).

Good luck.

Offline Florencia

• Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 18:59:20 pm »
 ;D sorry, i couldn't help but jiggle at the thought of your dd all stripped out and her proud look.

OK let's get serious now LOL. Once my ds learnt to strip i switched to tighter pj's. Cotton ones that are still comfortable but tight enough so he can't undo them easily.

For nights, i put thermic underwear under the pjj's. That keeps him warm enough since he won't stay put and moves a lot. FOr cold days, i put him to sleep on a snowsuit. Again, difficult to strip and keeps him warm, yet mobile.

Totally agree with Nikki... as long as you don't make a big fuss about it and take measures, it will pass soon. Good luck!
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Showing Appreciation 84
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 19:15:48 pm »
Just one tip re the nappy, try putting it on backways and see if that helps for a little while, my sis did it with her ds and it worked  ;D

Offline Sylvia.

• Showing Appreciation 232
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 06:44:10 am »
thanks ladies, get idea about putting on the nappy backwards, this has only happened once so will see if we need this tip