Author Topic: Going to one bottle...drop morning bottle or night time bottle?  (Read 845 times)

Offline Critter

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
We're dropping bottles so that he'll be pretty close to bottle-free by one year.  He's getting two 8oz bottles, one in the morning and one before bed, and during the day he drinks milk.

My question is, which bottle do I drop next?  Do I do the morning bottle and keep the night bottle or other way around?  We'll be going out of town next weekend and I would like to drop the bottle today if it's the night one to go, or tomorrow morning if it is the morning bottle.  HELP!  I just don't want to have to do it while we're on vacation.  I think it will be too much for him.

I'm sorta leaning toward dropping the morning bottle first so that maybe his sleep doesn't get quite so interrupted....wait...did I just answer my own question?? LOL 

TIA!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Seona1973

• Showing Appreciation 21
Re: Going to one bottle...drop morning bottle or night time bottle?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 19:01:22 pm »
I dropped the morning bottle first and replaced it with a sippy cup of milk along with breakfast instead. I felt it would interfere less with the bedtime routine that way.  After a week or two I switched the bedtime milk to a sippy cup too. Her intake dropped a little at first but soon recovered.

Seona

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 05:14:23 am »
I was going to drop the morning bottle tomorrow, but here it is, after midnight, and I am at the computer.  Why?  Because Luke woke up screaming bloody murder.  After an hour of that, I gave him a bottle which he sucked down 6 oz in less than a minute.  The poor dude was hungry!

Now what?  Do I keep him at 2 bottles a day and just up his calories with yogurt and other heavier snacks later in the day?
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Sylvia.

• Showing Appreciation 232
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 05:27:27 am »
i bf at least twice at this age, i stopped at 14 months, at first her milk intake was low but she was taking heaps of youghurt and cheece, eventally she took 2 sippy cups of milk a day, oh i dropped the night feed first as i has read so many stories about toddlers going to sleep with milk, to me this just didn't seem the way to go, dd gets water with her stories at night if she wants