Author Topic: BEST THING WE EVER DID....  (Read 1531 times)

Offline busymomof2

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 21, 2006, 14:42:51 pm »
I AM SO HAPPY, I JUST HAD TO SHARE...OUR DD IS 7 MONTHS OLD AND HAS NEVER SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT ALTHOUGH STOPPED GETTING UP TO BE FED AROUND THE 4 MONTH MARK AS WELL, JUST A RESTLESS BABY...SOOTHER CAME OUT ETC..
ANYWAY, BY ACCIDENT THE OTHER NIGHT, WE FORGOT TO PUT HER MONITOR ON AND SO OF COURSE DID NOT WAKE UP TO HEAR HER MOANS, GROANS, TALKING ETC AT ALL..SO WE ALL GOT A SOLID 10 HOURS SLEEP...AND SHE SEEMED TO WAKE UP JUST FINE..ALMOST AS THOUGH SHE HAD FINALLY HAD A GOOD NIGHTS REST..FROM THAT DAY ON, HER NAPS ARE NO LONGER 30 MINUTES..THEY ARE 2 A DAY LIKE CLOCK-WORK AND HOUR AND A HALF EACH..CONSISTENT BED TIME OF 745 AND SHE ACTUALLY SLEPT UNTIL 845 THIS MORNING ( I DO FEED HER AND ALWAYS HAVE AROUND 6AM AND SHE GOES BACK). PREVIOUSLY, I WOULD SAY WE WERE GOING INTO HER ROOM 10 TIMES A NIGHT TO SEE WHY SHE WAS MOANING, CRYING, TOOTING ETC AND TRY TO GET HER BACK TO SLEEP WHEN ALL THE WHILE SHE COULD DO IT HERSELF..SO WE DO NOT HAVE A MONITOR ON AT ALL ANYMORE AND IF SOMETHING IS THAT PRESSING, SHE WILL CRY QUITE LOUD I'M SURE AND WE'LL HERE HER REGARDLESS OF A MONITOR BEING ON OR OFF...SO IN ESSENCE, ELIMINATING THE MONITOR FOR US WAS THE ANSWER, AS NOT TO HEAR EVERY LITTLE PEEP!
WE ALSO DID NOT WANT HER TO STIR OUR 3 YEAR OLD BUT HE SEEMS TO BE MANAGING JUST FINE WITHOUT OUR INTERFERENCE ANYMORE. (HE HAS MUSIC IN HIS ROOM ALL NIGHT).  HOPE THIS MIGHT WORK FOR SOMEONE ELSE WITH SIMILAR PROBLEM!!

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: BEST THING WE EVER DID....
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 16:51:08 pm »
Good for you!!! Just make sure though that you will be able to hear her if she really gets going to avoid an accidental CIO situation.

It is soooo easy to get in the habit of going in at every noise - my DH is terrible about that.  ::)  DS is a noisy sleeper (just like DH ironically) so I know where you're coming from!
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Showing Appreciation 151
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 02:22:56 am »
We stopped using a monitor at around 2MO cuz we could hear every breath practically.  DD has a great set of lungs and the neighbors can hear her if she wants them to.  So if she really needs something she can holler and we'll hear her.  We're only across the hall!
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline wonderma

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 03:36:51 am »
We got rid of our monitor too at around 2 months. I even sleep with ear plugs in and can still hear my son. Mom's have ears like nothing else. But before that I was going crazy listening to every toot, turn, groan, moan ... the list goes on. I mean I was literally going crazy, I didn't sleep at all. I finally realized we had put baby in the crib in his room for a reason and with the monitor on it was like he was right in our room. So what was the poit? His door is like 3 feet from our room anyways.  I found I responded way too early to all his sounds. Thinking he was going to get up anyways, I would just go in and feed him or whatever to avoid a full blown episode. Bad idea. I was so happy once we got rid of the monitor and slept so much better myself. The only time we use monitor is after he goes to bed at 7pm and we watch TV downstairs or if I go outside during his naps.

Good for you. TURN THE MONITORS OFF!!!  ;D

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 04:07:26 am »
LOL Thats how we found out our DD could sleep through the night. We stopped using it at 2 months. Accidently at first, the bateries had died. Since then she sleeps through the night.

Monitors are great for newborns, but I found it made every noise seem louder and we were all up more with it.
Kimberly

Offline Gippie

• Showing Appreciation 39
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 13:16:36 pm »
Too funny - I might try this as well tonight.