Author Topic: What if PU/PD or Shh/Pat don't work at night?  (Read 999 times)

Offline mrsmynub

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • My sweet boys
    • Dentino Family Website
What if PU/PD or Shh/Pat don't work at night?
« on: May 21, 2006, 20:25:07 pm »
I have been posting all over the place about my ds who is 20 weeks.  I kept a log for almost a week and noticed that for 3 nights, he was waking at 1AM and didn't really want to eat.  Then other nights, he would sleep until 3AM and want to feed.  I am exhausted and confused as to what to do.  Do I let him simply cry when he wakes up?  When he was waking at 1AM, I could go in, hold him for a minute and then put him down and he was okay.  I have had trouble putting him to sleep for months, but we've finally gotten to the point where I can soothe him and put him down drowsy and he falls to sleep himself.  But in the middle of the night, in the dark, I am surprised that he wakes up and can't get back to sleep.  i want to stop always trying to feed him, but nothing else really works when he is wide awake.
Dana - mom to Dante James, born January 4, 2006 and Gianni Joseph born September 28, 2007!!!

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: What if PU/PD or Shh/Pat don't work at night?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 01:30:52 am »
are you maybe rushing in too soon when your lo cries at night?? unless the cry is a distressed I NEED YOU NOW cry i would try staying out a bit longer to see if lo will settle on his own.

could you post your lo's routine? it has been quite some time since my dd was that small but i can see if anything stands out to me :)
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005