Author Topic: Need advice...  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Tatumsmom

• Kim~ mommy to Tatum and Logan
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
Need advice...
« on: May 21, 2006, 20:40:30 pm »
Hi everyone,
Just a question on baby cereal. My DD is 5.5 months and a few weeks ago weeks  we started some rice cereal once a day. She did really well and seemed to enjoy it. I then started weening her from breast to formula and she started to get alot of gas and so I stopped the rice cereal to concentrate on weening from bf(i figure one change at a time). My question is is there any other cereal besides rice that we can try at this age. A friend said to try barley, but won't that give her more gas? Would oatmeal be better?I know it's not the formula because she has been fine since stopping the rice.
KH

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
Re: Need advice...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 20:48:47 pm »
I started on the baby rice as most people advise and William liked it but about a week later I bought 4 month baby porridge (oatmeal) and it was by far his favourite. Heinz do a range of cereals that are suitable for LO's from 4 months so I am sure you will be able to find something that suits.

H xx

Offline aep155

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 21:26:26 pm »
Hi,

I have formula fed from day 1 and was under the impression that babies suck more air from a bottle hence more winding needed to bring up the big ones!  I would have put it down to this rather than the baby rice.

Hth

Andrea and Emily xx

Offline prncss

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 06:17:24 am »
you can try oatmeal it seems to be far less gassy. Also, there is a mixed cereal by heintz as well... just be careful of the wheat content. I found that with my son he does not tolerate wheat and spits up a lot.

good luck!

[url=http://lafemmebonita.com][img]

Offline Tatumsmom

• Kim~ mommy to Tatum and Logan
  • Showing Appreciation 55
Re: Need advice...
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 20:42:19 pm »
Hi Stacy.....We have been using white rice. I haven't heard of brown rice ceareal , but will look for it. Thanks for the suggestion. Thanks to everyone else for the advice I will keep it in mind.
KH