Author Topic: Go in or not??  (Read 998 times)

Offline Lilasmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« on: May 21, 2006, 23:17:05 pm »
DD is 6 months old.  She usually wakes one-two times at night.  However, when she wakes she just wakes up and babbles to herself (she's been doing this for a month).  I'm not sure if I should go to her and feed her or just let her babble (although it can go on for a hour).  Usually I let her babble for 15 minutes then feed her.  She'll take a full feed, then we put her back in her crib and she'll go to sleep.  I know she should be going through a growth spurt sometime soon; however I can honestly say that I usually don't notice a big difference in her eating during growth spurts.  Also, she's never been a baby that was very vocal about being hungry.  She rarely cries, and will just continue on with whatever she's doing.  So, I keep her to a 4 hour EASY (breastfed) to ensure she's getting enough to eat.  She's also started solids about 2 weeks ago.  She gets 1-2 tbsp at breakfast and 1-2 tbsp at supper.  So I guess my question is, should I still be feeding her at night or let her babble???

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: Go in or not??
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 23:18:05 pm »
I would let her go unless she hits a full blown cry.
~Rachel

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Go in or not??
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 19:17:23 pm »
Ditto to Rachel. If she really is hungry or needs something she'll let you know. If you go in there when she's just talking and not crying-crying, you will interfere with her ability to sleep independently, and I'm sure that neither of you wants that!
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o